illicitfinesse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
At GCSE, I loved Eng Lit but at A-level, I find the essays and the technique they require too difficult to grasp - I've been getting consistent D's since the start of September (I'm in Yr 12) . Overall, I just hate doing it now and want to quit so bad.

I know it's too late to drop it and go for another subject, so what can I do?

Please help
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by illicitfinesse)
At GCSE, I loved Eng Lit but at A-level, I find the essays and the technique they require too difficult to grasp - I've been getting consistent D's since the start of September (I'm in Yr 12) . Overall, I just hate doing it now and want to quit so bad.

I know it's too late to drop it and go for another subject, so what can I do?

Please help
I feel your pain because I too loved English Lit at GCSE and hated it at A level BUT it is too late to drop an A level now so unless you are doing 4 A levels (so could drop one) I don't see that you have any choice but to perservere with it. If you want to apply to Uni in Year 13, they will want you to have taken 3 A levels, even if you don't do very well in one of them.
frieda sky
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i am also doing eng lit dont give yet consult your teacher where you dont understand or you can do group discussions with your peers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.21%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
55.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed