Hippierajput
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I was wondering any MSc finance student over here who are going to start in Sep 19. And also current and past students experience if at all anyone would like to share and what are pros and cons...
thanks ...
Adamiop
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah, what unis have you applied for?
Hippierajput
Rep:
?
I have applied in Cardiff , UEA, Aston .... and already have offer from all three ... Currently looking to pick one with good employment opportunities after course as an international student. And how’s the Cardiff uni for MSc Finance experience
Adamiop
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I don’t know about Cardiff and UEA but I know Aston is on FT ranking for MSc finance http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoo...xperience-2018
Hippierajput
Rep:
?
I am keen on Aston too for now...but they r offering different course of Accounting & Finance...
(Original post by Adamiop)
I don’t know about Cardiff and UEA but I know Aston is on FT ranking for MSc finance http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoo...xperience-2018
Adamiop
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Research these unis following criteria such as: course content (is it something you will need in your future job) facilities( are there any data stream rooms such as Thomson or Bloomberg) then career prospects (go on LinkedIn then find the company you want to work for and apply more filters to see how many employees come from particular university) speak to the current students on LinkedIn to find out what the like/dislike about the course then put all that together and you will get a bigger picture where you want to go to... don’t worry to much about rankings I’ve been to open days at imperial in Jan which is like top ten in the world and first in U.K. for MSc finance and the students there had not secured any internships which is awful considering that most of banks have deadlines for November December
(Original post by Hippierajput)
I am keen on Aston too for now...but they r offering different course of Accounting & Finance...
Hippierajput
Rep:
?
Thanks for all the help..i researched first 2 points you mentioned and last one was the only thing i didnt looked at, so i will be going through that...which course are you planning?
(Original post by Adamiop)
Research these unis following criteria such as: course content (is it something you will need in your future job) facilities( are there any data stream rooms such as Thomson or Bloomberg) then career prospects (go on LinkedIn then find the company you want to work for and apply more filters to see how many employees come from particular university) speak to the current students on LinkedIn to find out what the like/dislike about the course then put all that together and you will get a bigger picture where you want to go to... don’t worry to much about rankings I’ve been to open days at imperial in Jan which is like top ten in the world and first in U.K. for MSc finance and the students there had not secured any internships which is awful considering that most of banks have deadlines for November December
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (72)
32.43%
No I don't (105)
47.3%
I work during the holidays (45)
20.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed