The Student Room Group

GCSEs with no coursework? URGENT

Does anybody know some GCSEs that are available which require no coursework and are purely just revision and exams?
I need answers quite quickly so any help will be greatly received.
languages have no coursework, history and geography both do have coursework
If you're just choosing your GCSEs right now, the new GCSEs are now 100% exam so you don't need to worry about coursework :biggrin:

Some subjects like Computer Science do have like an extra 20 hour programming project that doesn't count towards your grade, but you have to do it in order to get a grade.

BTEC subjects, on the other hand, still have coursework involved in them, so keep that in mind when choosing a BTEC subject :smile:
Original post by questionmaster1
Does anybody know some GCSEs that are available which require no coursework and are purely just revision and exams?
Reply 3
I think Sports Science has coursework.
Reply 4
None of the new 9-1 GCSEs have coursework mate
History or Geography? I don't think Statistics has any coursework either.
9-1 is only in England at the moment. The GCSEs haven't changed anywhere else
Original post by YasudaSayo
None of the new 9-1 GCSEs have coursework mate

Can you give us some context for your question, please?
Why do you want to know, and specifically are you talking GCSEs in England, Wales or internationally? If you're seeking to enter as a private candidate, for example, it's not simply a question of "coursework", as there can be other sorts of non-examination assessments.
Reply 8
Only a very small number of subjects now have coursework at GCSE. These are only where it is essential for the subject - e.g. Drama, Art, Music, PE

Quick Reply

Latest