username4539022
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I have got an English exam tomorrow on Macbeth - it is only an assessment but goes towards final report. 2 Essays - Extract question and Character question.

I haven't been revising as much as I should of due to other exams taking main priority.

We are the last class to do the questions (We have different ones) I have asked all other classes who has who and nobody has had The Witches yet so I am assuming we will get them.

How should I revise quickly and who should I revise?

Thanks, Dan
won.of.a.kind
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
check out litcharts or schmoop you have to pay a monthly subscription to litcharts but their stuff is amazing it summarises EVERYTHING into two - three pages. So yea. Schmoop Is online and does analysis for you - so memorise their points and your good to go.

For the extract question focus solely on the analysis of the extract do not talk about context or anything else that happens in the book - focus on language and structure analysis.

For the character question you must look at the whole book excluding the extract they gave you - always bring in context and quotes and dont analyse structure or language deeply just briefly mention the device used and explain why it portrays this about the character relating it to context

PS. Don't forget to pace yourself according to the marks for example 20 mark question = twenty minutes to half an hour - don't stray too far from the marks awarded.

Good luck ! hope this helped!
Last edited by won.of.a.kind; 1 year ago
username4539022
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you soooo much!
(Original post by won.of.a.kind)
check out litcharts or schmoop you have to pay a monthly subscription to litcharts but their stuff is amazing it summarises EVERYTHING into two - three pages. So yea. Schmoop Is online and does analysis for you - so memorise their points and your good to go.

PS. Don't forget to pace yourself according to the marks for example 20 mark question = twenty minutes to half an hour - don't stray too far from the marks awarded.

Good luck !
won.of.a.kind
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wait maybe re-read it cos I edited it a bit - sorry
(Original post by danielburslam)
Thank you soooo much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (39)
66.1%
I don't have everything I need (20)
33.9%

Watched Threads