Continuous rejection and radio silence Watch

LiterallyAny1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So I've been applying to McDonald's since September, i was offered one interview back then and did not attend as i didn't even have a bike to get there (now doing cbt). I recently quit working at KFC after 3 months and McDonald's refuses to even offer me an interview.

Did i blow my only chance to work there back in September? should i make a new account to apply from?

The kicker is that they refuse to give details as to why i didn't land the position which should honestly be considered worse than water torture.

Any tips on getting a job there? I have tried simplifying my statement, added references but still nothing.

Losing hope with each application as even McDonald's refuses to take me on.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LiterallyAny1)
So I've been applying to McDonald's since September, i was offered one interview back then and did not attend as i didn't even have a bike to get there (now doing cbt). I recently quit working at KFC after 3 months and McDonald's refuses to even offer me an interview.

Did i blow my only chance to work there back in September? should i make a new account to apply from?

The kicker is that they refuse to give details as to why i didn't land the position which should honestly be considered worse than water torture.

Any tips on getting a job there? I have tried simplifying my statement, added references but still nothing.

Losing hope with each application as even McDonald's refuses to take me on.
Why do you have your heart set on McDonalds? When you were offered an interview, could you not have made other travel arrangements or rescheduled the interview? Not all companies will offer feedback or provide a generic response. If you meet the requirements of what they are looking for and match the job description and not are getting anywhere - have you got someone to check your application before you send it off?

You could look to apply for other jobs similar to McDonalds and you might get more luck. You don't mention why you quit KFC, which is a similar role?
Last edited by cheesecakelove; 7 months ago
LiterallyAny1
Rep:
?
I quit KFC due to poor managers and low wage. McDonald's doesn't require a CV or anything to be sent off so it's just their online CV maker. I have friends who have less experience and lower grades etc and they got into McDonald's. I literally copied my friend's who got the job answers and statement and still got rejected. Only difference is that he's not Polish and has lower grades.
username4499644
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I got refused from McDonalds before, welcome to the club, I applied for other jobs instead
LiterallyAny1
Rep:
?
What did you apply through for other jobs? Indeed seems like a lost cause but it might be my CV, I have over 3 months of experience but am yet to get any responses. its soul crushing because i truly want to work but employers dont even respond.
(Original post by DJEwan)
I got refused from McDonalds before, welcome to the club, I applied for other jobs instead
username4499644
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Just look at supermarkets etc plus different hotels/bars etc. You can find many other jobs on Indeed if you change your search a bit. Some jobs ask for experience it really depends on the employer, especially hotels which can be quite strict. Just keep trying you will eventually find something. Go round local bars/etc and hand in your CV.

It might be an idea to see a careers advisor to have a look through your CV, get them to check it through, thats what they did with me. If the companies allow you can reapply to some point with your new CV and see how that goes.

It took me ages to find a job also so your not alone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise