The Student Room Group

Teacher saw me buying pregancy test

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AzureCeleste
How old are you?
It's part of her duty of care to do so. Just be honest with her, the test was negative so you have nothing to worry about

I’m 17, 18 in a few months
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 17, 18 in a few months

In that case it isn't really her business as such as you are of age. I can understand her concerns however as it is a young age to potentially be pregnant at
Reply 22
This is your personal life, your teacher can not discuss with others for what reasons you bought a pregnancy test.
Original post by Gabbyss
This is your personal life, your teacher can not discuss with others for what reasons you bought a pregnancy test.

They could report the matter to the school's Safeguarding Lead if they believe there is a risk of Child Sexual Exploitation or similar.

This may sound like an invasion of privacy, but in these times where a demographic of parents fail to act in their child's best interests, teachers are, subjectively, the only line of defence to prevent a young person from adverse consequences.
Reply 24
I wouldn't go worrying that she's going to report this or inform your parents, etc etc. As others have said, she probably just emailed you out of concern and to see if she could help. If you don't want that help, just politely reply or else ignore the email altogether if you're really not comfortable.
so this is the wrong forum i think, however i wanted it to remain anonymous lol... let me paint you a picture.... its valentines night, everyone is out in town, me and my friends are quite drunk, i see a boy, this boy sees me, we kiss, we kiss some more, next thing, i was in a taxi going back to his house, we had sex (consensual). about 3 weeks later, brings me to this week, which is where the title kicks in. I hadnt got my period, so i went to boots in town on Friday after school and picked up a pregnancy test (bloody expensive they are as well), went to the tills and who was at the till... NONE OTHER THAN MY OLD ENGLISH TEACHER!! i say old, because she still works in my school, however is not my teacher anymore. she didnt clock the test at first, that is until i went over to the woman serving me, which just so happened to be the till next to the one this teacher was being served at. she looked over and asked how my day was, then looked down to the desk bit, and saw the test i have never wanted the ground to swallow me up so much in all my life. she sort of went quiet mid question, looked at me sympathetically, then my phone started ringing so i quickly payed the woman, and ran off. shes emailed me saying she wants to see me this week, do i lie and say it wasnt for me, or should i just tell the truth. The test said i wasn't pregant so not only did i 'waste' money, but ive also completely embarrassed not only myself but her too! What should i say?? what should i do??

She’s only contacted you because she’s worried about you! You did the right thing to check if you was pregnant or not and you wasn’t. Obviously she seen what she seen and is concerned about you hence why wants to meet up. Don’t feel humiliated. A lot of girls go into shops and buy pregnancy tests. I have done it before myself. The one time I didn’t was the time it actually said I was pregnant 😂. Let her talk to you and just explain what’s happened etc. She was your age before too
so I went into school today, and my head of sixth form called me into his office, I was pooing myself thinking she'd told her, turns out she just wanted to check where I was yesterday as nobody reported my absence lol. But turns out this teacher wasn't even in today. However I did have English and I don't know if I was being paranoid, but my English teacher kept looking over at me, like when it was silent. I was probably being paranoid but idk. then at the end of the lesson when I was walking out, another member of the English department said that this teacher who saw me wanted to speak to me tomorrow and that she was on a trip today. Do you think she has told the English department?????
Do you think she has told the English department?????

No. You're [quite understandably] just a bit paranoid. I think this teacher is just reaching out and making sure you're OK. It's a nice thing to do. You either explain what happened or lie and say you bought it for a friend who was too embarrass to buy one in case she got seen.
You’re 17! You are of legal age, and i’m sure she assumes most of her students have sex anyway. Tell the truth. You had a consentual one night stand and hadn’t had your period, or you could say that you used protection, you just wanted to be sure. As other people have said, it may be too early to show up so in a couple of weeks you could buy another one, or I think you can get free ones at sexual health clinics (I’m not sure). She had probably had a pregnancy scare before, or an extra perhaps an abortion, so she’s probbsbly been there. She not judge you, she just wants to make sure you’re okay,
Reply 29
You did the right thing.... But just tell her it was negative. If you keep the lie going then she won't trust you. Just go with your heart and instincts. :wink:
So I took a test this morning due to being sick Wednesday and Monday, and it came back positive:eek: I don’t think I want to keep it but I’m just confused what to do now as I’ve told the teacher that it was negative. I also don’t really want my parents to know until I definitely have to tell them (ie if I keep it)
And wanted to know where you got it so cheaply? I have to pay twice that for mine!
So I took a test this morning due to being sick Wednesday and Monday, and it came back positive:eek: I don’t think I want to keep it but I’m just confused what to do now as I’ve told the teacher that it was negative. I also don’t really want my parents to know until I definitely have to tell them (ie if I keep it)

Make a doctors appointment and they will do a 3rd test to confirm/deny. They can advise you of your options. Do you have anyone you can talk to and take with you? Trusted friend? Sister? Mum?
OMG that would be so embarrassing!!! i would tell her it was for someone else, but it was negative anyway.

Any update on this? How are you doing?
Original post by Princess Reba!
OMG that would be so embarrassing!!! i would tell her it was for someone else, but it was negative anyway.

Dis you not read the thread? She's pregnant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending