Ahgah Mocks!

Watch
Gloom boys
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys.
I have a week of mocks, starting tomorrow and I'm nervous as hell. Anyone got any tips which could help?

I've tried revising but I can't remember anything at all. I've never done mocks like this before and I'm dreading them.
I've got 2 Maths, History, D&T and Geography.
arieslover
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want easy revision try the website called SENECALEARNING it is so useful and it is free. i hope this website helps you. good luck. my mocks is starting tomorrow as well.
ThatGuy107
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just try and breath and remember, even if you do bad it doesn’t matter, they’re only mocks. I’m currently going through something similar (although I’m in year 13 and not doing GCSEs anymore).
In terms of tips, leave your phone in your back, make sure your water bottle has no label on it, and make sure you find your seat number beforehand. This will help to stop you from stressing beforehand.
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Very true indeed...do not stress just think about other stuff that will relax you and then try your best these exam gives the teachers ideas on what topics to help you in
Gloom boys
Rep:
?
Thanks! I also forgot to add that the reason I'm worrying is because the results will be discussed in parents evening and will be used to see if we need to move sets in maths for our real exams. They are also used to guess our final grade. I'm not prepared and haven't been able to revise much which is an issue.
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't Worry...same situation here we all go through this but sometimes the end result will be mind blowing in a good way. use the website i said senecalearning
(Original post by Gloom boys)
Thanks! I also forgot to add that the reason I'm worrying is because the results will be discussed in parents evening and will be used to see if we need to move sets in maths for our real exams. They are also used to guess our final grade. I'm not prepared and haven't been able to revise much which is an issue.
Gloom boys
Rep:
?
I tried the website but unfortunatley they dont have anything for the "course" thing my GCSEs are from, WJEC.
Gloom boys
Rep:
?
Good luck on your mocks as well btw!
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much...
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How was your mocks today???
Gloom boys
Rep:
?
Meh, alright I guess. I put some stupid answers but it was mostly alright. How were yours??
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mine was alright as well but i most biology question were hard as hell because the questions were aimed at grade 9 people soooooo....but i tried my best.
Gloom boys
Rep:
?
Yoooo well done. I may sound stupid but what's grade 9 exactly? I go by years, like I'm in year 10 now.
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Grade 9 is A** it is so hard to achieve but if we put our minds to it we can achieve it....lol what exam did you do today??
Gloom boys
Rep:
?
Ohh I thought u meant like as in school years lmao. The highest I can get is A* and the most I've ever got in Biology is an A+. I did Design and Technology and Geography today.
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OOOOH LOOOL erm damn you have high potential in your actual GCSE.... do you think you did well.... dont put yourself down
Gloom boys
Rep:
?
Lol thanks... I would love to say I have but I had no idea what I was doing throughout most of the geography one and didn't revise any materials for D&T which was an issue... How do you think you did?
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BTW i am in year 11...from what i wrote maybe i think passed english and biology even though it was incredibly difficult but you never know....
Gloom boys
Rep:
?
Ohh okay. At least their just mocks. Have you got a lot this week?
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
YESSSS!!!!!!! OMG!!!! i got 3 exams straight tmrw and then 2 on wed and 1 on thurs and fri.... then next weeek i got at leat 8 exams it is sooooo freakin annoyin!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (34)
7.8%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.73%

Watched Threads