The Student Room Group

I gave my best friends ex a bj when we were drunk, do I tell her?

A bit of context first: My best friend and this guy were never actually official they would just sleep together when drunk and text quite a lot, they did this for about 3-4 months. He told her he didn’t want to be with her cause he wanted to be single, she still slept with him a couple times after it and it was clear she had strong feelings for him. They stopped sleeping together and then a few weeks later she found out she was pregnant but always knew she was going to abort it, she didn’t want to keep it for many reasons and one being that they weren’t together or ever going to be (she’s 20). However a few days after finding out she misscarried it and she coped with it well but you can tell it still affects her. They haven’t slept together or texted for about a month or so now.

So basically what happened was last night I was out with two of my friends and he was out too and we started speaking but just casually, he said he thought I hated him because of what he done to her and I said I did but not anymore as he was nice to her overall. I was very drunk that the night is a blur and there are many parts I can’t remember. My boyfriend of 4 months recently broke up with me and I’ve been feeling horrendous ever since. Anyways we ended up kissing outside and I ended up at his house. I gave him a blowjob but I couldn’t go through with having sex with him. I very nearly did but I stopped myself and then left his straight after.

I felt so terrible like I’ve never felt before in my life. She’s my best friend and she confided in me about him all the time. It was a stupid drunken mistake that I now feel has ruined my life. The week before this happened she sent him a text to ask him to meet with her to talk about the miscarriage situation as she feels he could help her feel closure on it. They’re meeting up this week and even though they’re not meeting up to talk about their relationship, she still clearly has unfinished business with him and I can’t believe I’ve done this to her.

He said he would never tell anyone, I messaged him after and begged him not to and he said that I don’t need to worry as he never would.

Do I tell my best friend about this (I’m scared because I can’t lose her as a friend because she’s means so much to me and I made the stupidest mistake of my life) or do you think I should not tell her as I feel it would only hurt her more and really affect herself right now as well as our friendship which I know she holds very close to her heart. What she doesn’t know can’t hurt her but I don’t know if this makes me a horrible human being for not telling her. Me and him will never speak again or do that again and I didn’t sleep with him but I did give him a blowjob which is why I feel horrific. I feel by not telling her will be protecting her as what happened with us was a drunken mistake and would never happen again. Am I a bad person if I don’t tell her? I just want her to be happy, get closure and finally move on to better things which she is starting to do now and I don’t want to ruin that all.
Copy and paste all of what you wrote here and send it to her, and wait for a response. Better for everything to be out in the open than living with guilt
‘I just want her to be happy’. Let’s not pretend there’s not an element of selfishness involved, you don’t really want to deal with the consequences of your friendship.

Technically they are not together and you haven’t ‘betrayed’ her. But that’s all the technicalities.

I would personally feel incredibly betrayed. True friendship goes beyond the technicalities, I would hope my “best friend” would not go and do such a thing to me. However, I can’t speak on behalf of her, that’s her decision to make, so give her the chance to make such a decision instead of hiding and ridding yourself from the consequences.
Reply 3
Original post by anonnn1
A bit of context first: My best friend and this guy were never actually official they would just sleep together when drunk and text quite a lot, they did this for about 3-4 months. He told her he didn’t want to be with her cause he wanted to be single, she still slept with him a couple times after it and it was clear she had strong feelings for him. They stopped sleeping together and then a few weeks later she found out she was pregnant but always knew she was going to abort it, she didn’t want to keep it for many reasons and one being that they weren’t together or ever going to be (she’s 20). However a few days after finding out she misscarried it and she coped with it well but you can tell it still affects her. They haven’t slept together or texted for about a month or so now.

So basically what happened was last night I was out with two of my friends and he was out too and we started speaking but just casually, he said he thought I hated him because of what he done to her and I said I did but not anymore as he was nice to her overall. I was very drunk that the night is a blur and there are many parts I can’t remember. My boyfriend of 4 months recently broke up with me and I’ve been feeling horrendous ever since. Anyways we ended up kissing outside and I ended up at his house. I gave him a blowjob but I couldn’t go through with having sex with him. I very nearly did but I stopped myself and then left his straight after.

I felt so terrible like I’ve never felt before in my life. She’s my best friend and she confided in me about him all the time. It was a stupid drunken mistake that I now feel has ruined my life. The week before this happened she sent him a text to ask him to meet with her to talk about the miscarriage situation as she feels he could help her feel closure on it. They’re meeting up this week and even though they’re not meeting up to talk about their relationship, she still clearly has unfinished business with him and I can’t believe I’ve done this to her.

He said he would never tell anyone, I messaged him after and begged him not to and he said that I don’t need to worry as he never would.

Do I tell my best friend about this (I’m scared because I can’t lose her as a friend because she’s means so much to me and I made the stupidest mistake of my life) or do you think I should not tell her as I feel it would only hurt her more and really affect herself right now as well as our friendship which I know she holds very close to her heart. What she doesn’t know can’t hurt her but I don’t know if this makes me a horrible human being for not telling her. Me and him will never speak again or do that again and I didn’t sleep with him but I did give him a blowjob which is why I feel horrific. I feel by not telling her will be protecting her as what happened with us was a drunken mistake and would never happen again. Am I a bad person if I don’t tell her? I just want her to be happy, get closure and finally move on to better things which she is starting to do now and I don’t want to ruin that all.

No you are not a bad person you just behsve stupidly when you are drunk- just like most people. There is absolutely no point in telling your best friend what you did or walking around feeling extremely guilty. Just support her as best you can and tell the bj boy that you were both thoughtless and need to forget about what happened and not mention it again to anyone!
Reply 4
I do not know what to advise you. Probably you need to tell your friend.
#sticky#excuses#unloyal
u messed up dont tell ur friend it will be useless as long as it doesn't happen again- it'll ruin everything not that you deserve her
why were you even drunk with ur friends Ex in the first place he couldn't just be coincidentally out the same place same night and if he was you should have stopped yourself from speaking to him b4 u started to intoxicate yourself
(edited 5 years ago)
If you don't tell her, I can promise you she'll find out one day from someone else. It always happens. If I were you, I'd tell her exactly what you just said in this post. She's going to be upset, but at 20 she's probably mature enough to appreciate the fact that you were honest and told her about it.
Reply 8
I think you have realised you've made a big mistake. You should come clean to her and tell her it was a mistake, she will be probably get mad and has the right too but she'll get over it.
You're not required to tell your friend the details of your sex life. However, there's a chance that he could go back on his word and tell her - and it'll look so much worse if she hears it from him instead of you. It'd be better if she were to find out that it come directly from you.

Whether you tell her or don't tell her there's no way that guarantees that your friendship will last unfortunately.
Original post by sinfonietta
You're not required to tell your friend the details of your sex life. However, there's a chance that he could go back on his word and tell her - and it'll look so much worse if she hears it from him instead of you. It'd be better if she were to find out that it come directly from you.

Whether you tell her or don't tell her there's no way that guarantees that your friendship will last unfortunately.

yh but she is most likely to cut her off is she finds out she gave him bj weather she was honest or not so at least the friendship will last some time. whats the chances of him going back on his words
Original post by popcorn024
yh but she is most likely to cut her off is she finds out she gave him bj weather she was honest or not so at least the friendship will last some time. whats the chances of him going back on his words

He said he wouldn’t tell anyone so I don’t need to worry about anyone finding out.
Original post by mgi
you just behsve stupidly when you are drunk- just like most people.

Wearing traffic cones on their heads - that's something people do because they're drunk; but gobbling on a knob, though? Really?
Say nothing to your friend unless her ex boyfriend tells her what happened. At which point, you should explain everything. As divulging to her what yo did, will probably end your relationship with her.

Latest

Trending

Trending