Wisdom teeth causing issues after braces been off for 1+ years Watch

Flycon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi there, I’ve had my braces off for a year or so now, used my retainers until they told me I was good to only wear them once a week ish.

Unfortunately, my wisdom teeth only just started growing in, and it seems to be causing some over crowding at the front. One of my two bottom front teeth is being pushed towards the centre of my mouth. I noticed it a month ago but haven’t really thought much about it until now when it seemed to get a bit worse.

The retainers don’t fit anymore, causing severe pain when I use them. I’m 19 too so I no longer receive free dental care. Is there anything I can do??
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Flycon)
Hi there, I’ve had my braces off for a year or so now, used my retainers until they told me I was good to only wear them once a week ish.

Unfortunately, my wisdom teeth only just started growing in, and it seems to be causing some over crowding at the front. One of my two bottom front teeth is being pushed towards the centre of my mouth. I noticed it a month ago but haven’t really thought much about it until now when it seemed to get a bit worse.

The retainers don’t fit anymore, causing severe pain when I use them. I’m 19 too so I no longer receive free dental care. Is there anything I can do??
Are you registered with a NHS dentist? Depending on the work you need doing, it can work out cheaper than private care. I would suggest going to see your dentist if you are in pain just to get the best advice for treatment.
PauI Pogba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wisdom teeth are a blessing imo.
Flycon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m not in any pain, I’m pretty sure I’m just worried cosmetically. So I doubt I’ll be able to get anything done for cheap/free unless it’s a medical issue.
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Are you registered with a NHS dentist? Depending on the work you need doing, it can work out cheaper than private care. I would suggest going to see your dentist if you are in pain just to get the best advice for treatment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads