Help with 2/3 month a level revision Watch

SpeedySubs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yo
So I'm coming way too close to the end of A levels and I'm scared as hell...
I'm thinking about what to do with my current revision schedule (which is 3 hours at home, doing 4 hours in tuition which is a total of 7 hours in the weekend) I was thinking about doing exam papers, but I'm not too comfortable with one of my A levels and started to do flashcards...

Any advice on what should I do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Simbal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SpeedySubs)
Yo
So I'm coming way too close to the end of A levels and I'm scared as hell...
I'm thinking about what to do with my current revision schedule (which is 3 hours at home, doing 4 hours in tuition which is a total of 7 hours in the weekend) I was thinking about doing exam papers, but I'm not too comfortable with one of my A levels and started to do flashcards...

Any advice on what should I do?
Hey!!

Firstly, Its okay to feel scared! Do you have a bit more info as to what subjects you are doing and which one you are not comfortable with? Past papers are a great tool and there is no reason why you cannot utilise them alongside study cards. If you haven't used them yet and have plenty of them, u could do a past paper (untimed) to just get a feel for everything (and it might calm your nerves a bit!). Then later try doing them under exam conditions.

Another good thing to try, which might sound silly, is to make up your own questions! Think: "What would be a good question on this topic? What key points would I need to hit? What would some common wrong answers be?" Sorry if thats too vague but it works for some people!
SpeedySubs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks for the help!
Doing maths, physics and computing
Not too comfortable with computing.
Simbal
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SpeedySubs)
Thanks for the help!
Doing maths, physics and computing
Not too comfortable with computing.
Np!

I didn't do computing at all so I am not familiar with its assessments but I would be surprised if past papers and flashcards arent of some help to you! They should be good at identifying ur strengths and weaknesses so know where you need to focus your studying

Maths and physics I found myself doing lots of examples wherever I could. Keep practising! And be sure to know definitions and what units to use especially in Physics.

YouTube is also a handy resource for explaining concepts if you are a more visual learner - but be careful because there can be inaccuracies (the comments normally point out errors so be sure to check!)

Best of luck!
Idg a damn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can anyone gimme some advice as well?

Am doing CIE, exams in 2 months

Am taking Chem, Further math, Math, Physics
Presto
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
I feel too frustrated to even revise
Saman_B9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Presto)
I feel too frustrated to even revise
Seriously?
Exams just few weeks away
Presto
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Saman_B9)
Seriously?
Exams just few weeks away
9 weeks TT. There's too much to cover, too little time, too many qps, idk how manage and utilise my time. The plans I make fail. Ik this sounds so pathetic but I just can't focus on what I'm supposed to do and I can't discipline myself into studying effectively, efficiently and productively bcs I'm too slow for that. A single paper takes me an entire day to fully understand. My U4 concepts are still unclear. I have yet to finish s1 and u5s and haven't even touched those qps yet. So I feel demotivated and down.
Simbal
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Idg a damn)
Can anyone gimme some advice as well?

Am doing CIE, exams in 2 months

Am taking Chem, Further math, Math, Physics
Is there anything in particular you are struggling with?
Simbal
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
9 weeks TT. There's too much to cover, too little time, too many qps, idk how manage and utilise my time. The plans I make fail. Ik this sounds so pathetic but I just can't focus on what I'm supposed to do and I can't discipline myself into studying effectively, efficiently and productively bcs I'm too slow for that. A single paper takes me an entire day to fully understand. My U4 concepts are still unclear. I have yet to finish s1 and u5s and haven't even touched those qps yet. So I feel demotivated and down.
I find that the hardest part is starting the process of revision. Everyday. Starting is the hardest bit. When you find yourself demotivated make a deal with yourself that you will do 4 minutes of actual revision, just 4 minutes, and if you do those 4 mins you might surprise yourself in how far you keep going! Please dont give up, victory is on the horizon!
Idg a damn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Simbal)
Is there anything in particular you are struggling with?
analytical Chem, organic chem, centroid of an object, further complex analysis, A2 statistics
Saman_B9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try getrevising.com
Presto
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Simbal)
I find that the hardest part is starting the process of revision. Everyday. Starting is the hardest bit. When you find yourself demotivated make a deal with yourself that you will do 4 minutes of actual revision, just 4 minutes, and if you do those 4 mins you might surprise yourself in how far you keep going! Please dont give up, victory is on the horizon!
I find starting really easy, it's just the keeping at it I find hard.
But thanks anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed