help_me12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am doing AS right now with my subjects being biology chemistry and Maths i am not sure if dentistry is right for me...is it Hard?...What work experience do i need?...What do universities look out for?
I am currently working at a B for Maths
C for Chemistry
A for Biology
I have my end of AS exams coming up in June
Amberooney
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by help_me12)
I am doing AS right now with my subjects being biology chemistry and Maths i am not sure if dentistry is right for me...is it Hard?...What work experience do i need?...What do universities look out for?
I am currently working at a B for Maths
C for Chemistry
A for Biology
I have my end of AS exams coming up in June
You will need at least AAA to get into dentistry so work on those grades. To apply for any dentistry course you will need work experience - why don’t you try and get some experience in a dental practice so you can see if it’s the career for you and be ready if you do choose to apply.

Dentistry is a demanding course - you will be expected to do well academically as well as developing the practical skills required to practice dentistry.
help_me12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you i will definitely start looking for work experience
(Original post by Amberooney)
You will need at least AAA to get into dentistry so work on those grades. To apply for any dentistry course you will need work experience - why don’t you try and get some experience in a dental practice so you can see if it’s the career for you and be ready if you do choose to apply.

Dentistry is a demanding course - you will be expected to do well academically as well as developing the practical skills required to practice dentistry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (133)
42.09%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.54%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.2%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.01%

Watched Threads