The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough NOT LONGER offering DRAMA

So, here's the thing:
I was researching in Loughborough's web page and I realized that for 2020 they won't be offering any of the Drama degrees that they have now, even the Arts, English and Drama department will no longer exist, which is really strange if you ask me.
That leads me to think that the course itself is not that good and that not a lot of students want to go there to study Drama.
I was considering Loughborough as my firm choice for next year to study Drama, but seeing this just makes me feel really uncomfortable and no longer wanting to go there.

What do you guys think?

Is there anyone else that has the same problem that I have?
Some universities that I'm analysing have a bit of missing info for 2019, 404 pages (missing error), and 'course blurb' with the wrong title/content sometimes dated 2014 or 2017 - so quite a bit of cut-and-past going on from year to year.

I suppose that's a long way to say, things might be changing in Drama at Loughborough, or they might just be rewriting their website for 2020.
Couple that with the uncertain (to say the least, exit, situation by 2020) and discussions over maybe £7000 fees, or maybe nothing (rumors from different parties - with no clear plans/fundings, or why) and the whole of UK University life might have a shake-up, or not!

If I was you I would write exactly what you wrote above, giving them praise and explaining how they have inspired you to [email protected]
which is the closest email that I could find for the School of the Arts, English and Drama. Admittedly on the website there was much data fro 2012, to 2015 Drama, and little current news.
...that might be because they are busy teaching & studying, or perhaps it could be a pivot to something else?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by dahrrera
So, here's the thing:
I was researching in Loughborough's web page and I realized that for 2020 they won't be offering any of the Drama degrees that they have now, even the Arts, English and Drama department will no longer exist, which is really strange if you ask me.
That leads me to think that the course itself is not that good and that not a lot of students want to go there to study Drama.
I was considering Loughborough as my firm choice for next year to study Drama, but seeing this just makes me feel really uncomfortable and no longer wanting to go there.

What do you guys think?

Is there anyone else that has the same problem that I have?

Hi dahrrera

You're correct that Drama won't be running in 2020 as an undergraduate course but will still be available as a postgraduate subject.
It's incorrect that Arts, English and Drama won't exist - it's just when you look at subject areas for undergraduate courses for 2020, Arts and English are still there but because Drama won't be offered, it doesn't appear as a subject area.

Only you can decide if you still want to come to Loughborough for Drama. You can e-mail or call a lady called Helen Relf and she will be able to answer any questions you may have.
+44 (0)1509 222967
[email protected]

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending