Kings or Barts for Medicine??? Watch

pizza88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone! Ive got an offer from both Kings and Barts for medicine and I am struggling to decide between the two!

I was really keen on kings before but then I went to the interviews and found that Barts was just sooooo much more friendlier. Ive also heard that people at kings can be extremely *****y and cut throat, is that true??

Also the student satisfaction looks horrible for kings!! Ive heard that thats due to admin issues. what are the lecturers at kings like? Does ur personal tutor support you/give you advice when you go and ask them??

With Barts, I'm worried about the PBL aspect of things. What's that like??
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pizza88)
Hi everyone! Ive got an offer from both Kings and Barts for medicine and I am struggling to decide between the two!

I was really keen on kings before but then I went to the interviews and found that Barts was just sooooo much more friendlier. Ive also heard that people at kings can be extremely *****y and cut throat, is that true??

Also the student satisfaction looks horrible for kings!! Ive heard that thats due to admin issues. what are the lecturers at kings like? Does ur personal tutor support you/give you advice when you go and ask them??

With Barts, I'm worried about the PBL aspect of things. What's that like??
Can't personally speak for the teaching quality, but I know that Barts often gets ranked higher for pretty much everything than Kings. The area around Barts (Mile End) is just a lot more friendly (possibly due to its multicultural nature).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads