The Student Room Group

Places to travel

What countries do you want to travel to
I have only been to France England, and Wales but apart from that nothing am going to Spain soon though. Another question what is the reason you like travelling. I am 26 and study tourism so I have a huge passion for it and love learning about different cultures

Scroll to see replies

Japan, as it is a very clean and polite and safe culture (tho' they can steal an umbrella from time-to-time) I'd like to observe their lifestyle!
It is historically fairly cheap, some tickets from £400, some Air B&B type offers that are lower than the expensive hotels of the past-
Enjoy Spain, and keep travelling!
I’ve been to Prague, Paris, Vienna, (a town near to Vienna which I don’t know the name of because I hitchhiked there but it was stunning), Hamburg, Berlin, Krakow, Budapest, Stockholm, some city in Slovakia, etc but mostly just in Europe because I was only 17 when I backpacked alone so I didn’t have money to really venture elsewhere.
I’d probably say Prague is the favourite city I’ve been to and I’d love to go to Italy or Serbia (I actually had the chance to hitchhike to both places but I passed it up 😔)
Original post by angelinahx
I’ve been to Prague, Paris, Vienna, (a town near to Vienna which I don’t know the name of because I hitchhiked there but it was stunning), Hamburg, Berlin, Krakow, Budapest, Stockholm, some city in Slovakia, etc but mostly just in Europe because I was only 17 when I backpacked alone so I didn’t have money to really venture elsewhere.
I’d probably say Prague is the favourite city I’ve been to and I’d love to go to Italy or Serbia (I actually had the chance to hitchhike to both places but I passed it up 😔)

Wow that's amazing. Have you ever seen unjaded Jade from you tube she goes backpacking as well
I want to do travelling to south america places like peru and brazil to view the inca settlements.
Hong Kong is amazing! I used to live there so I did most of South East Asia (Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar).
Also lived in France and Romania so I did most of Europe, except Iceland, Norway and Finland.
Canada is also amazing, I did the East and West coasts and absolutely loved it.
North Africa (Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria) are also really nice and not too expensive to go to :smile:
I mostly like travelling to experience new cultures :colondollar:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Japan is the next big one on my list. For me I think the reason is a mix between photo opportunities (my family have always been big photo takers and we took 15,000 photos on one family holiday) and just different experiences. One thing that it is NOT is sampling foods from around the world. I am fussy and do not enjoy that part of things (or sampling the uncomfy beds of hotels around the world) :biggrin:
I recently went to Disney World with my bf which I would like to do again at some point too. I am not a big fan of rides or anything, but Disney is pretty tame so it was fun to experience that with him without popping my pants. It's also super accessible which was wonderful.
This weekend I'm going to Veracruz state in México.

This Easter I will travel to Cuba and the southern United States (Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas).

Between that and summer, I will most likely go to Tlaxcala state of México to see the fireflies as well as somewhere to do skydiving.

This summer the partially booked plans are to:

- Playa del Carmen, México for a diving course then some open water diving afterwards
- Ciudad Valles, San Luis Potosí, México and/or the border town between Chiapas state and Guatemala (where the migrant caravans are going through)
- Tijuana to the US-Mexico border, then Ensenada on board to Isla Guadalupe for the great white sharks
- the Jujoy, Argentina, maybe also the neighbouring province + the northern Chilean desert (driest place on Earth outside Antarctica)
- to Fortaleza, Brazil to meet a friend + if I have time, I might go to the the two South American countries next to Venezuela (already been to Venezuela)

I've been to all of these countries before, but these will be new places for me apart from Playa and Ciudad Valles.

In October/November, the current plan is to go to Iceland for the northern lights for a week. I should be able to do the last of the 7 seas for me (been to all the other ones).

This Christmas I will have close to 3 weeks to travel, but I'm not sure where to yet.

Countries I want to visit in the future, in no particular order: Jamaica, Barbados, Poland, Norway, Sweden, South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Morocco, Mongolia, Iran, Indonesia, Palau, Spain, mainland Portugal, Hungary.
Iceland is out of this world! So many awesome, serene, breathtaking views.

Any other posters on here done travelling and where to. Don't know why but I would like to go to Gibraltar for a trip
Original post by travelcollegeguy
What countries do you want to travel to
I have only been to France England, and Wales but apart from that nothing am going to Spain soon though. Another question what is the reason you like travelling. I am 26 and study tourism so I have a huge passion for it and love learning about different cultures

Want to go to Great Britain, id est, Scotland, Wales, England and Ireland, some of these countries. Apart from those, I also thought about Austria, the Switzerland and maybe Scandinavian countries, Sweden and Norway as first option. Japan, if everything is according to plan.

My reasons? that is the problem! I have not really any motivations or reasons to go on excursions. And as long as I haven''t, I rather stay here in my native country.
I've been to;
England - London, Cambridge, York, Birmingham, Oxford, Southampton, Winchester, Worcester etc.
Scotland - Edinburgh, Sterling, Falkirk, Fort William
Ireland - Cliffs of Moher, Corofin, Lisdoonvarna, Limerick, Errigal
Northern Ireland - Belfast
France - Paris, Cherbourg, The D-Day Beaches
Spain - Malaga
Mallorca - Palma de Mallorca
Menorca
Cyprus
Ibiza
Iceland -Road trip starting in Reykjavik from the west to east coast
Germany - Berlin, Saxony

Heading to Florence, Italy 2020!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by hrusse2
I've been to;
England - London, Cambridge, York, Birmingham
Scotland - Edinburgh, Sterling, Falkirk, Fort William
Ireland - Cliffs of Moher, Corofin, Lisdoonvarna, Limerick, Errigal
Northern Ireland - Belfast
France - Paris, Cherbourg, The D-Day Beaches
Spain - Malaga
Mallorca - Palma de Mallorca
Menorca
Cyprus
Ibiza
Iceland -Road trip starting in Reykjavik from the west to east coast
Germany - Berlin

That is my destination in this year to meet some friends the first time there. Don't know whether it will come to it.
Where I’ve been:
France - Boulogne-sur-Mer
Germany - Frankfurt
Poland - all around the country, mostly every city but especially Łeba, Warsaw, Lublin, Krakow, Zakopane, Gdańsk, Poznań, Biała Podlaska
Spain - Málaga
Italy - Rome
Driven through netherland and belgium if it counts as anything ahaha
Brazil - all around the country but mainly Belo Horizonte, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Fortaleza, Icarai de Amontada, Jericocoara, Ouro Preto
Paraguay - Hernandarias
Argentina - Tobuna

where i want to go:
I really wanna go back to South America and travel to all the countries just to see what the country is like as well as try some of the food. I’ll be going back to brazil at Christmas so hopefully i might go peru or something
I also really want to visit america and canada, like it’s a basic place which everyone has gone to and i really just want to experience that etc
And i really wanna go to Australia and new zealand ( no particular reason though)
What is Brazil like if you don't mind me asking. I have heard its dangerous is that true
What is Brazil like if you don't mind me asking. I have heard its dangerous is that true

Hey, quote or tag the person you are asking in case they aren't watching the thread or not reading all the comments.
Original post by Purplebottle
Where I’ve been:
France - Boulogne-sur-Mer
Germany - Frankfurt
Poland - all around the country, mostly every city but especially Łeba, Warsaw, Lublin, Krakow, Zakopane, Gdańsk, Poznań, Biała Podlaska
Spain - Málaga
Italy - Rome
Driven through netherland and belgium if it counts as anything ahaha
Brazil - all around the country but mainly Belo Horizonte, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Fortaleza, Icarai de Amontada, Jericocoara, Ouro Preto
Paraguay - Hernandarias
Argentina - Tobuna

where i want to go:
I really wanna go back to South America and travel to all the countries just to see what the country is like as well as try some of the food. I’ll be going back to brazil at Christmas so hopefully i might go peru or something
I also really want to visit america and canada, like it’s a basic place which everyone has gone to and i really just want to experience that etc
And i really wanna go to Australia and new zealand ( no particular reason though)

Hello. sorry i forgot to quote you but is Brazil nice because i heard it is dangerous

Sorry for the late reply, brazil can be dangerous depending on the city that you go and whether or not you have someone who knows the kinds of people there with you. I won’t try and say that it is completely safe, although once again it does depend on where you go. But in cities like rio especially, there will be people who can try to take advantage of the fact that you are not from there

Overall though, it is a very beautiful country to visit, most of the people are nice and there are lots of things to do
(edited 4 years ago)
Has anyone on hear been to North Korea or want to go to North Korea on one of the organisation tours
I'm planning to hit all the continents eventually (I doubt I'll make it to Antarctica)
I've traveled a lot of Europe and Australia, visited a few places in Asia and America and planning to road trip South America in 2 years. Still a lot more to see, but slowly building up the stamps in my passport!!

Quick Reply

Latest