Trouble finding references Watch

gumtrees
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all, I left my undergrad in 2017, and I've not applied for my post graduate. I already hit all the requirements, I've submitted my application pending academic references. I emailed my old tutors a fortnight ago, and I've not had any responses back other than an automated one saying the tutor was in hospital and obviously wouldn't be able to respond.

I was lucky enough to run into one of my old college tutors who said he'll be happy to write me a reference, which he is doing. That means I still need one more, now obviously it's still only early, but considering I emailed various tutors over a fortnight ago and still haven't gotten a response, is there anything else I can do? I know they almost certainly get bombarded with people asking for references, but I'm kind of in a terrible place where I can't do the course without them, and don't want to keep emailing them, because it'll just annoy them. Is it worth me emailing the uni itself, or the school of computing itself? Anything else I could do? thanks.
username4539984
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
try and speak to someone from your old school to write a reference but if that doesn't work than you can email the uni and explain whats going on im sure they will understand.
gumtrees
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mmburman03)
try and speak to someone from your old school to write a reference but if that doesn't work than you can email the uni and explain whats going on im sure they will understand.
See, I thought of this. I still know people from secondary school and college, I just figured they'd look down on me a bit if I got two references from before my undergrad
username4539984
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it doesn't matter about how they feel, they should respect you for asking them for help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads