Zinedine Zidane set to return as Real Madrid manager Watch

Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47528561

Is he trolling Real Madrid or was it a power play? Maybe he is trolling Mourinho as he was rumoured to be returning.

Can Zidane re-build a Real Madrid side? Will he be backed in the summer transfer window with a fortune to spend?
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Either they are have managed to sell a 1m piece of grass to the Spanish government for £500m again or he is risking decimating a legacy.
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Real have paid a price for all those CL's, that squad has stagnated pretty badly. They built that side around a 34 year old who no longer plays for them. Zidane struggled with balance as was shown in their league performances previously, without some serious squad investment in the right places, I can't see him coming back in and being as successful.
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It was said that he left because he didn’t agree with Real’s transfer business and now he’s been made promises that he’ll get investment. £300m of it.

Might as well have waited till the end of the season though. Real Madrid weren’t going to blow a 10 point lead on 5th for CL and they don’t have anything else to play for.
Last edited by S.G.; 1 week ago
abcde-12345
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He is back
The king is back
The best day in the football history
Attached files
abcde-12345
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
People are viewing this thread and ignoring!

Why?

Because they know well that the number one coach in the world has returned back to train the number one club on planet earth, and no club in the world will be able to stop them

Goodnight 😂
Zerforax
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fizzel)
Real have paid a price for all those CL's, that squad has stagnated pretty badly. They built that side around a 34 year old who no longer plays for them. Zidane struggled with balance as was shown in their league performances previously, without some serious squad investment in the right places, I can't see him coming back in and being as successful.
The last Galactico they bought was Rodriguez in 2014. They haven't spent much in transfer fees in recent years (maybe it all went on wages?) but won 4 CLs with a very similar squad. It needed refreshing a couple of summers ago but Zidane decided last summer was the last straw. He called it right and now I expect he will get a bigger say on recruitment since he wouldn't have returned without those promises.

(Original post by S.G.)
It was said that he left because he didn’t agree with Real’s transfer business and now he’s been made promises that he’ll get investment. £300m of it.

Might as well have waited till the end of the season though. Real Madrid weren’t going to blow a 10 point lead on 5th for CL and they don’t have anything else to play for.
No because he can come in and manage for 10 months without any criticism. Will be much more about managing certain players out (like Bale) and also encouraging certain youngsters. His Real Madrid side will make more of a flying start next season if he is in position now then in the summer. Same reason Rodgers came to Leicester now instead of waiting till the summer.
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
Who else could they build it around? Bale is always injured, Benzena isn’t good enough, Kroos hasn’t been great this season or last.

I think the plan for Perez in 2016 was to build around Bale, but he got injured and Ronaldo had his best year of recent times in 2017
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Real Madrid have announced the signing of Éder Militão from Porto, the 21-year-old centre-back becoming the first transfer since Zinedine Zidane returned to manage the club. Militão has agreed a six-year deal in readiness for his summer move.

The fee for the Brazilian centre-back, who can also play at right-back and as a defensive midfielder, is believed to be €50m (£43.5m) after Real Madrid met a buyout clause which was set to rise by 50% at the end of the season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-militao-porto

So the spending begins..
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Diego Costa)
Who else could they build it around? Bale is always injured, Benzena isn’t good enough, Kroos hasn’t been great this season or last.

I think the plan for Perez in 2016 was to build around Bale, but he got injured and Ronaldo had his best year of recent times in 2017
I never said it was a bad thing, they got their CL wins and those will last forever. Its still a thing they did though.

Building around Bale was never going to be a viable plan his fitness, his output, the fact he's not Ronaldo. You don't have to build a team around a single special player you could go for a more balanced and tactically intricate squad, but obviously if you have a player like Ronaldo there are benefits, but also consequences.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
I think it will take us 5-10 years to appreciate what Real Madrid achieved in that period. Just hard not to enjoy their demise at the moment
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Real Madrid basically outdid peps Barcelona.

He'll get investment though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.81%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.43%

Watched Threads