The Student Room Group

Detective Constable, DAY 2 Assessment. How can I prepare? What to expect?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by summersa
No spaces for day 3 or no spaces for DC intake?

Dc intake
:frown: i applied back in April. That means it’ll have been 2 years by the time I actually get in if I pass my day 3.
How do you know about it being next year?
Original post by karolinaz96
Dc intake
:frown: i applied back in April. That means it’ll have been 2 years by the time I actually get in if I pass my day 3.
How do you know about it being next year?

Because people call the Met and ask. Its been written somewhere in this discussion. Why dont you call recruitment and ask? Its good to know your standing ground, i hope its not that long :smile:
Because people call the Met and ask. Its been written somewhere in this discussion. Why dont you call recruitment and ask? Its good to know your standing ground, i hope its not that long :smile:

I keep ringing up every 2 weeks or so and no one seems to be able to give me any answers. In early December I was told it would be end of December that I’d find out my day 3 date and then I rang up earlier this week and was told they have no idea when the dates are
Best educated guess is things will start progressing again in March if the Met gives them new course dates for the later half of next year (edit - it’s this year now, whoops). Current candidates with day 3 passes will then go for vetting if they haven’t already and dates from June/July will be allocated to them for the next 5 or 6 months intakes. Recruitment will then replenish the pool, so day 3 dates will be made available. It is also possible recruitment will reopen the tdc entry at around that point, depending on how many are in the pipeline.

The above is based on how recruitment and the Met seem to be working based on the last year or so. For some reason recruitment are incapable of passing this message on to candidates.

Would recommend contacting recruitment regularly for updates, but don’t bother emailing.
I keep ringing up every 2 weeks or so and no one seems to be able to give me any answers. In early December I was told it would be end of December that I’d find out my day 3 date and then I rang up earlier this week and was told they have no idea when the dates are

I heard from 1 person that intakes are off this year as too many people applied.
Just been invited for my detective assessment day - can anyone tell me how to prep for the in tray excersize??
Just been invited for my detective assessment day - can anyone tell me how to prep for the in tray excersize??

Do a times exercise online, theres a couple on google
Do a times exercise online, theres a couple on google

I can only find one related to banking I’m obviously looking in the wrong place haha!

Is the interview competency based againv
I can only find one related to banking I’m obviously looking in the wrong place haha!

Is the interview competency based againv

You can practice the banking one, why wouldnt you?

its still the same, the scenarios will just be different :smile:
Can I just ask when your Day 2 was? I'm still waiting for a day and it's been 3 months, so it would be great to know!
Original post by pixie222222
Can I just ask when your Day 2 was? I'm still waiting for a day and it's been 3 months, so it would be great to know!

Im already working, my day 2 was last year january

My Day 2 was back in October 🙂
My Day 2 was back in October 🙂

Thank you for letting me know! Mine was the end of November so hopefully not long now!
Thank you for letting me know! Mine was the end of November so hopefully not long now!

Oh amazing! Yeah you shouldn’t be waiting to much longer! They probably release them every month so yours will be next!
Is it ok to use examples for competencies in the detective interview that I used previously in the police constable interview??
You can practice the banking one, why wouldnt you?

its still the same, the scenarios will just be different :smile:

Do you know of any places I can find in tray exercise to practice? I did the banking one but found it super difficult and didn't do it timed or anything. Think I need to put more practice in there. Have you got any tips?
Do you know of any places I can find in tray exercise to practice? I did the banking one but found it super difficult and didn't do it timed or anything. Think I need to put more practice in there. Have you got any tips?

No i dont think theres any other ones, the actual assessment is way harder than the practice. It has text messages, phone calls, emails, reports etc. I think you cant really practice for it, just nail the interview and summarise in the in tray. Theres no point of writing essays, you only have 90mins. So think and summarise or bullet point reasons why 1 is more important
Reply 138
Hello, can you please tell me where I can find the on line sample tests for the in tray exercise? You stated it was on line but didn't state where! Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
How was your assessment? Any advice?

hi karolinaz96

i hope you are good. I can see from the posts that you had passed your tests.

i have my entry tests coming up soon. Is there any advice you can give that would be beneficial?
are the entry tests hard?
do i need to revise a lot to pass?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending