Autism Discrimination at School? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, I’m in the middle of getting a high functioning autism diagnosis and I was wondering whether or not to tell my school. Has anyone ever been discriminated (?) against at school due to autism? Like been taken off school trips etc. Thanks in advance.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, your school is very unlikely to discriminate and certainly not in such a clear way. They may actually be able to put support in place so you find things easier.
frosty.disguise
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I’m in the middle of getting a high functioning autism diagnosis and I was wondering whether or not to tell my school. Has anyone ever been discriminated (?) against at school due to autism? Like been taken off school trips etc. Thanks in advance.
Hello, it is important to tell your school as they can give extra support with what ever is needed. I wouldn't worry about being excluded from school trips and other school activities. The last thing you should worry about is being discriminated against as this is one of the main things that schools focus on and try to eradicate.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks so much that really helped
frosty.disguise
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks so much that really helped
No problem, hope it all goes well!
Petetyerman
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would tell school . Directed descrimination is unlikely as most school are aware of the critism courts have made and damages that could follow. They may descriminate by refusing you the help you are entitled to but if you don't tell them you won't get that anyway. You can say who and who cannot be told. So you can expect it to be kept from your peers if tgat is what you want
scandalpk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much for the help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads