The Student Room Group

Is there a 3 years Modern Languages degree out there in London?

Yes I know a year overseas would be better - and I will be doing that later in life, but I am a mature student, and would prefer a Modern Languages, or Liberal Arts and Modern Languages degree without a year overseas for personal reasons.

The only course I can see which gets close to this it Liberal Arts at Royal Holloway.

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance...
Original post by stoatsbrother
Yes I know a year overseas would be better - and I will be doing that later in life, but I am a mature student, and would prefer a Modern Languages, or Liberal Arts and Modern Languages degree without a year overseas for personal reasons.

The only course I can see which gets close to this it Liberal Arts at Royal Holloway.

Looks to me like Birkbeck is the only uni that offers 3 years, you can find the course summary here. There are more 3 year options if you do it alongside something like international relation, as you mentioned liberal arts is an option too.
Reply 2
Original post by stoatsbrother

Hi.

I'm guessing when you say in London you probably mean that it does have to actually be in the city, but if by any chance you're able to go a little bit outside, Essex (Colchester) offers a BA Language Studies course which is three years without a compulsory year abroad. You can see the details here: https://www.essex.ac.uk/courses/ug00230/1/ba-language-studies.

My daughter is in her final year of a four-year modern languages course there and has been very happy with it.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending