Undergraduate Medicine - 2020 - Graduate Applicants Only Watch

mal2998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are any of you taking the BMAT as well as the UCAT? If so, what unis are you going to apply to?
xoharrypotter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'm considering it for my fourth choice (maybe), but only really looking at ukcat right now, if i do choose to do it, depending on their requirements imperial or ucl i think x
(Original post by mal2998)
Are any of you taking the BMAT as well as the UCAT? If so, what unis are you going to apply to?
mal2998
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fair! what ucat unis you thinking of? x
(Original post by xoharrypotter)
i'm considering it for my fourth choice (maybe), but only really looking at ukcat right now, if i do choose to do it, depending on their requirements imperial or ucl i think x
xoharrypotter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
as of now, warwick (gem), kings and qmul (undergrad)- will only apply to these if i manage to get a strong ukcat, if not i'm gunna have to look at other unis
what about yourself?
fair! what ucat unis you thinking of? x
mal2998
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm thinking Leeds, Manchester, qmul and then either Leicester or Brighton, but yeah gain depends on my UCAT score. Do you know what uni's show preferance to graduates for the undergraduate course? I've heard that qmul takes 1/3 graduates
as of now, warwick (gem), kings and qmul (undergrad)- will only apply to these if i manage to get a strong ukcat, if not i'm gunna have to look at other unis
what about yourself?
xoharrypotter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i know kings do, but not much else
i might apply to a new medical school like Anglia ruskin or aston or kent
theres a lot of choice lol
I'm thinking Leeds, Manchester, qmul and then either Leicester or Brighton, but yeah gain depends on my UCAT score. Do you know what uni's show preferance to graduates for the undergraduate course? I've heard that qmul takes 1/3 graduates
Mum.ac
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am, took my ukcat last week and doing BMAT in August. Applying to Leeds and Newcastle (A100 & A101).
I'm a Mature Applicant, so only looking at the northern unis I meet the criteria for due to family considerations.
_lucylu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey guys
I'm looking to apply for the medicine undergraduate programmes. The universities I'm looking at are keele, queen Mary, Birmingham and Leicester

My stats Are
1st class honours medicinal chemistry
A levels ABB (chem bio and maths)
Ucat - 2670 band 1

Any advice , is this a wise choice
Last edited by _lucylu; 4 weeks ago
xoharrypotter
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey,
i wouldn't recommend birmingham for the 5 year course, they only let 5-10 students in (graduates)
could you consider warwick? depending on this years cohort you might meet the cut off (provided your VR is good)
(Original post by _lucylu)
Hey guys
I'm looking to apply for the medicine undergraduate programmes. The universities I'm looking at are keele, queen Mary, Birmingham and Leicester

My stats Are
1st class honours medicinal chemistry
A levels ABB (chem bio and maths)
Ucat - 2670 band 1

Any advice , is this a wise choice
_lucylu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was initially considering Warwick but my verbal reasoning score was low -570 , hence why I’m considering the undergraduate programme.
hey,
i wouldn't recommend birmingham for the 5 year course, they only let 5-10 students in (graduates)
could you consider warwick? depending on this years cohort you might meet the cut off (provided your VR is good)
thatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey I've just graduated with a 2:1 in Biomedical sciences and am thinking of applying to Leeds! I called up admissions and they said last year only 18 graduates got places, do you think that this should discourage graduates from applying to Leeds or did you find entering as a graduate put you at an advantage over school-leavers? Also would you say that you scored a high BMAT score to get in? Thank you!
I've loved my time there - I would say do not be discouraged as Leeds don't have a maximum number of places for graduates - in my cohort there were over 25 of us plus loads of mature students! I found I had a lot of advantages over school leavers in interviews because I had more insight (from being a HCA, volunteering, living abroad etc.) and life experience but also when we started I already had clinical experience and having studied before makes the transition a lot easier.

I didn't do the BMAT - I was a UKCAT entry and my score was slightly less than average for my cohort.
coconut_flamingo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Anyone applying to QUB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%