Is it too late to start A Level tuition Watch

remybrunel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’m a year 2 & I study Chem bio & psychology
I want to start tuition for Chem and bio and really regret not starting sooner. Do you think there’s any point? I had this guy for tuition during GCSEs and he’s notorious for giving homework of like 4 hours or more like 5 times a weekI’m doing like 4 hours independent revision a day rn but I feel like I need an extra boost and doing all those questions would really force me to get some exam practise.I have just over 2 months until my first exam.
What should I do ( also tuition is very expensive so I wouldn’t go if it wasn’t gonna make a change to my grade)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
brainzistheword
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by remybrunel)
So I’m a year 2 & I study Chem bio & psychology
I want to start tuition for Chem and bio and really regret not starting sooner. Do you think there’s any point? I had this guy for tuition during GCSEs and he’s notorious for giving homework of like 4 hours or more like 5 times a weekI’m doing like 4 hours independent revision a day rn but I feel like I need an extra boost and doing all those questions would really force me to get some exam practise.I have just over 2 months until my first exam.
What should I do ( also tuition is very expensive so I wouldn’t go if it wasn’t gonna make a change to my grade)
Would you be using the tuition as a reason to stay accountable and study? If so, perhaps look at getting some of your friends to work together to keep each other accountable and motivated to study.

I agree that tuition is expensive and I think that the decision ultimately lies with what you would like to get out of it and whether or not that need could be met by other, cheaper but effective, means.
remybrunel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Would you be using the tuition as a reason to stay accountable and study? If so, perhaps look at getting some of your friends to work together to keep each other accountable and motivated to study.

I agree that tuition is expensive and I think that the decision ultimately lies with what you would like to get out of it and whether or not that need could be met by other, cheaper but effective, means.
Thanks for the advice. I’ve decided I am going to start tuition and hopefully I should start before the end of this month giving me around 2 months before my exams start
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by remybrunel; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed