dieting and best way of losing weight Watch

K689
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm about 14stone and 5.5 tall. I'd really like to lose as much weight as I can before July as I'm going in holiday with my bf.

What are the best and most sustainable ways of losing weight - p.s I have a exercise bike in the house.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mildhan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K689)
I'm about 14stone and 5.5 tall. I'd really like to lose as much weight as I can before July as I'm going in holiday with my bf.

What are the best and most sustainable ways of losing weight - p.s I have a exercise bike in the house.
If you want to lose weight you need to make a calorie deficit, so changing your diet is the most effective way. Eat less food, and make sure the food you eat is healthy and low in calories. Exercise will help to, but your main focus should be on diet if your goal is just to lose weight. Exercise can help create a calorie deficit. In terms of exercise I recommend HIIT (high intensity interval training), you can google this.

If you want ideas of ways of dieting here are some:
- 5:2 diet (a lot of people I know experience success with this diet) https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/the-5-2-diet-guide
- Low carb diet
- Atkins diet

You can google these diets (there are others out there too, I just mentioned a few), and figure out which one you think suits you the best and which one you think you can stick to.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K689)

I'm slowly losing weight just by reducing how much I'm eating, not snacking on junk food, only having treats once a week, walking places more and doing a 30 min workout once or twice a week. So far I've lost over 3kg in just over a month which I'm really pleased with. Barely changed my life either as they're very easy changes to make.
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K689)

The main thing to weight loss is calorie defect (loosing more than you take in). Part of that can be exercise, but diet is a very good thing to focus on.
Things like eating less (but still enough!), reducing more calorific or fatty foods would be a good place to start.
Try to avoid any crazy diets (like where you don't eat on T days or things like that) cos they can be unhealthy because they don't give you enough food and can also mean it's easier to just put the weight right back on again. Better to go slow and steady by making manageable changes which you can stick to and will keep on helping you to loose weight AND keep it off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed