Getting roasted by teacher! What do I do? Watch

KimNoel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i would go to your head of year and report this, as it is classed a bullying just explain what has been happening and say that it is effect you
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Definitely happened.
It might have done. One of our teachers said it to someone by accident once and he was mortified (I think it's a word that - rightly or wrongly - is used as a comedic insult between groups of close friends, but you do need to make sure they're comfortable with it, as some take offence at it). He just used it in the wrong situation I think. But the lad he said it to actually found it funny so nothing happened about it, but had he taken offence it could have been a career altering mistake.
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Talk to your teacher first and say it's not funny for you, next next head of school or department
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 123goldenage)
Ive been getting roasted by my maths teacher ever since ive moved up to top set because of an incident 3 years ago. Apparently I don't know my lefts and rights after getting lost on a school trip because apparently everyone went left and I went right even though I don't remember that happening.

He called me a retard to another class last year but he doesnt know I know that. I dont know what to do because it's embarrasing getting roasted by teachers as everyone laughed at me. I dont want to grass the teacher up because then ill be known as a snitch but I dont want to leave it because I'm sick and tired of getting roasted. It's annoying and it gives me a bad feeling being roasted and getting laughed at because I got lost somewhere 3 years ago.
I know it's awkward to grass on somebody, but if your teacher really is saying things like this that's bullying and it's one thing for one of your class mates to do things like that but it's incredibly inappropriate from a teacher especially when it's behind your back in other classes.
One thing you could do is gather up some examples of what he has said (including some statements from other people or recordings if possible), go to this teacher after class or write them an email and say that you really don't like how they are treating you or what they are saying about you, you feel targeted and bullied by them and want them to stop. Hopefully they justthought they were being funny and took it too far so now that they know it upsets you they will stop. If they don't stop you can go to your head of department, head of year or whoever and explain the situation to them with that evidence you collected. Say that you don't want to grass them up or get them in trouble, but you really don't like what they are doing and want them to stop.

You could also call him out about it when he does it. Even just something like "that's not kind sir" or "please stop" or something more like "yeah and it's real smart bullying a student!". I tend to be one for the more private approach, but if you want to tell him in front of the class that he's being a jerk then go for it. You might be laughed at for telling on him, but if you stand up for yourself when he's being rude that's just having the balls to call out a teacher.
Do still make a record of things though cos then if he trioes to punish you for talking back or whatever you can show otherteachers that you were just standing up foryourself.
Last edited by Kindred; 1 week ago
fishies
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ive been getting roasted by my maths teacher ever since ive moved up to top set because of an incident 3 years ago. Apparently I don't know my lefts and rights after getting lost on a school trip because apparently everyone went left and I went right even though I don't remember that happening.

He called me a retard to another class last year but he doesnt know I know that. I dont know what to do because it's embarrasing getting roasted by teachers as everyone laughed at me. I dont want to grass the teacher up because then ill be known as a snitch but I dont want to leave it because I'm sick and tired of getting roasted. It's annoying and it gives me a bad feeling being roasted and getting laughed at because I got lost somewhere 3 years ago.
That's clear as day bullying! I had a rep for being 'stupid' because I was in the clouds and some d*ckhead teachers decided to join in with the students sometimes. So you're not alone. But honestly don't do what I did and let this pass, report it.
Zenith_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Roast him back.
fishies
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Definitely happened.
Why not? A teacher talked about me to her students for some strange reason once. It happens.
Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's actually quite funny.

A student getting destroyed by their teacher.

Have you ever considered asking him to stop?
fishies
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Qup)
That's actually quite funny.

A student getting destroyed by their teacher.

Have you ever considered asking him to stop?
Have you ever considered not being a d*ck with no brain cells?
MARTYRDOM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

id prolly have clocked him in the head for the retard comment ngl
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Utterly ridiculous, if you are in on a joke and its friendly banter thats ok, this is not.

You are well within your right to tell him to his face he is a bully and undermining the responsibilities teachers have for student well-being and make a formal complaint.

The reality is when your in secondary school sometimes it seems easier to take it on the chin. You could try asking him why he feels so insecure he has to mock a child in front of other children, and why he gets a rise from it and then sarcastically laugh at him in front of everyone, but that's just an idea of how to play it.
Qup
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fishies)
Have you ever considered not being a d*ck with no brain cells?
Yes, but that is boring.

OP. Have you considered asking your teacher to stop? If not, I would advise you to do so.

If that don't work, then go to the principal. It is that simple, really.
fishies
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay firstly it's not that simple. I agree to report it to higher authority but you assume schools actually care by saying it's that simple. Also he may feel too embarrassed. Some schools have assh*le teachers that will make things worse for you. Been there.

(Original post by Qup)
Yes, but that is boring.

OP. Have you considered asking your teacher to stop? If not, I would advise you to do so.

If that don't work, then go to the principal. It is that simple, really.
taranmistry
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just beat em up fam or just ask him to stop if he doesn't just walkout
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Qup
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fishies)
Okay firstly it's not that simple. I agree to report it to higher authority but you assume schools actually care by saying it's that simple. Also he may feel too embarrassed. Some schools have assh*le teachers that will make things worse for you. Been there.
Then this problem will never be solved, hence making this entire forum pointless, especially if the risk of possibly being rejected assistance from other teachers is one that the OP refuses to take.

Also, I don't assume schools care, because they don't. But they also do not want negative press on them, or a reputation of having ******* teachers that do not support their students, so the OP could essentially blackmail them into doing something as well without even trying. For example, by threatening to get a parent of theirs involved.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Perhaps report the teacher to someone higher in office? It's practically bullying...
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I am cautious as to whether this is real.
Not sure how often or what the roasting consists of (if real).
If its happening then i would just keep a record and then speak to a teacher I trusted and let them deal with it. Dont want to be cynical but there have been a number of threads from new accounts that turn out to be trolls. See what happens.

My advice is keep a record and then report it up when you have the evidence.
I can’t imagine any teacher using that word at school, particularly in front of a group of children. That just didn’t happen.
ballet.nerd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The mast thing to do is report him. You could write an anonymous letter if you don’t want to say. If you’re dead set against it, you could just threaten to expose him to senior staff members, but he’ll probably hate you more for that. TELL! Otherwise he’ll just be mean to more people.
Princess Reba!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
you poor thing! tell him you dont like it, or do what i do, either tell the principle or roast him back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed