Dizziness and sickness? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am known to be a bit of a hypochondriac, even if I have a slight headache, I will jump to the worst conclusions and think I'm dying... So yesterday morning I woke up feeling quite dizzy, when I lay down its fine and when I'm watching TV I can focus on the screen and don't feel ill at all, it is only when I walk around or move my head about. Anyway after this I had something to eat and drink as I thought maybe my blood sugar was low or something but eating caused me to be sick. Every time I tried to eat yesterday, I was sick soon after so my parents told me it is most likely a nasty bug as I also have a fever.

Today I woke up and I haven't felt sick but still quite dizzy and a bit hot. I have now managed to eat a proper meal and I managed to walk up and downstairs myself and have a shower today which I couldn't manage yesterday, I've certainly felt more cheerful too.

Have you guys ever experienced anything like this? I did the worst thing and looked online and have basically convinced myself I am dying. I am only scared because I have never really suffered with dizziness before so it's a bit strange and especially not knowing the cause. Is this something that can just happen with a bug? Other people have suggested vertigo? Most things that are considered to be more serious also are accompanied with symptoms such as severe headaches and shortness of breath which I don't have. I think if my symptoms haven't improved by tomorrow or Weds morning I will go see a doctor or call 111 and see what they suggest?
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am known to be a bit of a hypochondriac, even if I have a slight headache, I will jump to the worst conclusions and think I'm dying... So yesterday morning I woke up feeling quite dizzy, when I lay down its fine and when I'm watching TV I can focus on the screen and don't feel ill at all, it is only when I walk around or move my head about. Anyway after this I had something to eat and drink as I thought maybe my blood sugar was low or something but eating caused me to be sick. Every time I tried to eat yesterday, I was sick soon after so my parents told me it is most likely a nasty bug as I also have a fever.

Today I woke up and I haven't felt sick but still quite dizzy and a bit hot. I have now managed to eat a proper meal and I managed to walk up and downstairs myself and have a shower today which I couldn't manage yesterday, I've certainly felt more cheerful too.

Have you guys ever experienced anything like this? I did the worst thing and looked online and have basically convinced myself I am dying. I am only scared because I have never really suffered with dizziness before so it's a bit strange and especially not knowing the cause. Is this something that can just happen with a bug? Other people have suggested vertigo? Most things that are considered to be more serious also are accompanied with symptoms such as severe headaches and shortness of breath which I don't have. I think if my symptoms haven't improved by tomorrow or Weds morning I will go see a doctor or call 111 and see what they suggest?
I had a bug / food poisoning last week and the day after I could barely walk from my bed to my door without fainting because of all the nutrients and electrolytes I had lost. I have a history of low blood pressure and sugar though.

If you weren't able to eat because you kept throwing it up, then your body was likely just a little weak. Get a good night's rest tonight, and see how you feel tomorrow. It doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids too, little sips every now and then.
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

If it gets worse please call the NHS non-emergency helpline on 111 or see the GP. Get well soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads