The Student Room Group

Question about universities on A-Level results day

Hi,

I was just wondering, if on A-level results day I don't meet my first university choice grades, but I do meet the grades for my second choice, will I still be able to call up my first university and try to negotiate my way or will I be automatically enrolled to my insurance choice?

Thanks
Original post by luke.houghton
Hi,

I was just wondering, if on A-level results day I don't meet my first university choice grades, but I do meet the grades for my second choice, will I still be able to call up my first university and try to negotiate my way or will I be automatically enrolled to my insurance choice?

Thanks

Sometimes your first university may still accept you if you were close to their offer but missed by a grade, so it is worth looking out for any correspondence from them.
Hi,

Thanks

You can't negotiate, you'd be accepted at your insurance. Your choices get your results before the weekend so they have a bit of time to think about it if you miss your offer.
Hi,

Thanks

If you have missed your firm grades then your firm still has the option to accept you with lower grades. It’s only if they consider that and still reject you that you would be passed to your insurance.

If Track shows that they’ve rejected you then phoning is a waste of time. If Track shows that they haven’t told ucas a decision yet then it’s important to get your grades and ring them to find out whether they have decision and if not when they will decide. And to ask if they need any additional information from you to inform that decision.
Ok, thanks a lot all for your help :smile:
Hi,

Thanks

Universities get your results the weekend before you do. If you miss your grades they look at your application again and decide if they can accept you. Therefore it's pointless ringing them up on results day.

I have written to someone's firm and insurance in June if there has been a school problem that has affected that student so any factors like that are known before the unis get the results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending