jennathompson01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was considering withdrawing my application because I didn't get the offers back I expected - I was just wondering what adjustment is? All of the offers I've received are conditional whether I firm them or not, I don't have any unconditionals. If, on results day, I get higher grades than what I'm predicted and can qualify for another course at a better uni, can I use adjustment?
Anyone with experience/knowledge about adjustment pleaseeeeee help, I'm unsure which is best - withdrawing my application or adjustment? I'm taking a gap year anyway so it doesn't matter too much.
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yea if you get at least 1 grade higher than your Conditional firm offer then you can use adjustment. You can retain your conditional offer while you decide if you want to accept any offers made in adjustment.
You cannot use adjustment if you withdraw your application so don't do that
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you don’t like any of your current choices then it’s not worth firming them to use Adjustment.

If you decline them then you’ll be placed straight in Extra and then Clearing (which lasts a lot longer than adjustment) and can apply to any vacancies that appeal to you in August. If you don’t find something you like then you can take a gap year and reapply.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jennathompson01)
I was considering withdrawing my application because I didn't get the offers back I expected - I was just wondering what adjustment is? All of the offers I've received are conditional whether I firm them or not, I don't have any unconditionals. If, on results day, I get higher grades than what I'm predicted and can qualify for another course at a better uni, can I use adjustment?
Anyone with experience/knowledge about adjustment pleaseeeeee help, I'm unsure which is best - withdrawing my application or adjustment? I'm taking a gap year anyway so it doesn't matter too much.
What offers did you not get. Most people are given conditional offers. Were you hoping for unconditional offers. Thankfully you haven been made one. If you had you wouldnt be able to use adjustment. There is no guarantee that the university you are looking for will be in adjustment or even extra. Check whether the university you wish is in extra. If so ring the university to ensure they are still in extra and are likely to accept offers at your grades. If so decline all your offers and apply to that university through extra. If your planning on taking a gap year you would be better applying next year with actual grades than adjustment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads