Will a teacher be concerned if they think you aren’t sleeping enough? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, does anyone know if safeguarding or something is put in place if a teacher thinks you aren’t sleeping. I’m getting like 4 hours a night on average. If my teachers find out (which I think they have) will they be concerned about me and what will they do?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is making them think that? Do you regularly yawn throughout the day and struggle to pay attention?
Do you know why you don’t get enough sleep, as I’m assuming by your wording you don’t think it’s enough?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
What is making them think that? Do you regularly yawn throughout the day and struggle to pay attention?
Do you know why you don’t get enough sleep, as I’m assuming by your wording you don’t think it’s enough?
I stay up all night doing homework because I’m taking 11 GCSEs and an A-level on top of a bunch of other stuff but I can’t drop anything. However I have burst into tears in front of teachers like 2-3 times and I struggle to stay awake in class. Thanks
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, does anyone know if safeguarding or something is put in place if a teacher thinks you aren’t sleeping. I’m getting like 4 hours a night on average. If my teachers find out (which I think they have) will they be concerned about me and what will they do?
It depends on why (and why they think it is). They will probably have at least some level of concern if it seems to be affecting you, but what they do about that depends on the situation. If they are concerned about your wellbeing they might startwith some safeguarding stuff (like reporting it to their safeguarding lead and maybe discussing it with you) or they may just leave it cos a lot of teenagers don't get as much sleep as they should.
Whatever the case there it sounds like you could do with getting more sleep. If you're staying up to do homework you could have a chat with your teachers about that cos not getting enough sleep is going to do more harm than missing some homework. Sleep helps your brain to... well brain. If you don't get enough sleep it has a harder time taking in and remembering information, controlling your emotions etc. Learning the stuff first time around in class is going to help you more than doing homework to revise something you didn't learn well to start with. Not to mention the impact of being an emotional wreck cos your poor brain is exhausted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed