Kantian Ethics is useful approach to business ?

Watch this thread
Meganloughney
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,
For my essay i have the exam question -
Kantian ethics is the most sutible approach to business?
I have written a couple of paras but really out of ideas!
was wondering if anyone could help me out!
Thanks
Megan
mucr_1029
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Well I suppose Kantian Ethics would apply to benefit businesses due to the categorical imperitave, more so the rules on not using an Individual as a means to an end. In a business sense this would mean seeing employees as more than just workers to make the owner money.
And secondly the Principle of Universality would assert that any rule or practice that one company puts into place (e.g. tighter safety checks) should be beneficial if all companies did so, thus in theory Kantian Ethics can work to reduce businesses taking the **** morally both for workers safety and overall business practice
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It'd also have to inform how you interact with consumers, viz not exploiting their spending power and using them merely as means.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.74%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (66)
53.23%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.03%

Watched Threads