GP won't give me access to reports about me from a mental health trust Watch

Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why would they send a report to my gp but not to me. This doesnt make any sense. She had the papers on her table. Why do I have to resort to legal measures to read my own ****ing medical report.
Because that's how the system works - maybe you should ask your doctor why the system is like this? All you have to do is request to see them properly. Nothing to get angry over.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Why would they send a report to my gp but not to me. This doesnt make any sense. She had the papers on her table. Why do I have to resort to legal measures to read my own ****ing medical report.
Chill. Just submit the SAR form and you will be able to see them.
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Relax, it's just the way the process works. If you want to buy a house you can't just walk in to an estate agent, dump a load of cash on the table and say 'give me the keys'. Like lots of areas of life, there are processes that need to be followed and paperwork that needs to be completed. You'll get the information you're after, just as you're entitled to.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Duncan2012)
Relax, it's just the way the process works. If you want to buy a house you can't just walk in to an estate agent, dump a load of cash on the table and say 'give me the keys'. Like lots of areas of life, there are processes that need to be followed and paperwork that needs to be completed. You'll get the informaation you're after, just as you're entitled to.
Im not buying a house.
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im not buying a house.
No, but you are complaining about having to follow a well-established established process. Just fill in the form and send it off.
Anonymous #1
No, but you are complaining about having to follow a well-established established process. Just fill in the form and send it off.
it's a stupid process. **** the nhs.
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's a stupid process. **** the nhs.
It's a process set out in UK law, and is the same if you want to see your personal information held by any organisation.

For all their faults (and there certainly are many) you can't blame this one on the NHS.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
It's a process set out in UK law, and is the same if you want to see your personal information held by any organisation.

For all their faults (and there certainly are many) you can't blame this one on the NHS.
Also, GP surgeries are not part of the NHS.
Anonymous #1
Also, GP surgeries are not part of the NHS.
Wtf? Of course they are.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Wtf? Of course they are.
They are not. They are private businesses that have a contract with the NHS (the exception being a very small number of health centres that are owned by the NHS).
Anonymous #1
They are not. They are private businesses that have a contract with the NHS (the exception being a very small number of health centres that are owned by the NHS).
Do you have any proof of this? My surgery is nhs.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Do you have any proof of this? My surgery is nhs.
What do you mean by "proof"? It's how primary care works.

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employ...neral-practice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed