The Student Room Group

lshtm 2019 entry

Anyone received offer from lshtm for their Master of Public Health programme? I applied in late November and submitted the documents before December. It is more than 13 weeks but I still receive no news yet... Last month I emailed them and they said it is with faculty staff members awaiting review... anyone has similar situations?

Scroll to see replies

I did, but for the online learning programme, which might offer more places. It’s between LSHTM / Edinburgh / Manchester - struggling to decide!
Original post by jcsust
Anyone received offer from lshtm for their Master of Public Health programme? I applied in late November and submitted the documents before December. It is more than 13 weeks but I still receive no news yet... Last month I emailed them and they said it is with faculty staff members awaiting review... anyone has similar situations?
I applied for Msc health policy, planning and finance. My application status reads "admissions decision under review" I applied early January. Anyone knows what that means?
Reply 3
I gathered some info on the web, saying that there are different stages, like “Admission Team review, academic team review, offer”. Not sure if it’s right.
Original post by nerobliss
I applied for Msc health policy, planning and finance. My application status reads "admissions decision under review" I applied early January. Anyone knows what that means?
Reply 4
Oh congrats to you! Emm I guess LSHTM And Edinburgh are more well-known? Especially Edinburgh!
Original post by GraceG_91
I did, but for the online learning programme, which might offer more places. It’s between LSHTM / Edinburgh / Manchester - struggling to decide!
Original post by jcsust
I gathered some info on the web, saying that there are different stages, like “Ad.mission Team review, academic team review, offer”. Not sure if it’s right.

Yeah you are right I, my application stages started from admission team review to academic team review and now it's admissions decision under review. Just curious what ll be the outcome. Yet to see anyone who passed through these stages though.
Thanks - yes I’m not sure whether to accept. LSHTM has an amazing repuation, but there are unseen written exams which I’m not keen to do as an online masters student, particularly without a study leave & also not sure what I will be doing at that time!

Im trying to find out a bit more about the reputation of Manchester versus Edinburgh. I’m sure you’ll hear back soon, I don’t think LSHTM have a cap on many online modules.

Do you both have any alternatives ? Personally I’m so tied.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
My portal is still showing “Academic Team review: N/A”... I know one of my friends getting an offer already.
Yeah you are right I, my application stages started from admission team review to academic team review and now it's admissions decision under review. Just curious what ll be the outcome. Yet to see anyone who passed through these stages though.
Original post by jcsust
My portal is still showing “Academic Team review: N/A”... I know one of my friends getting an offer already.

For your friend who got an offer, what was the progression of his/her status before receiving offer?
Original post by jcsust

hi! I received an offer in mid-February. Applied in early December. Have you tried to follow up with admissions recently?
Reply 10
Yes I did! They said it is “awaiting review from academic staff”. It seems that applications done in November are not reviewed yet? Coz my friend also applied in December....

Original post by capturethecastle
hi! I received an offer in mid-February. Applied in early December. Have you tried to follow up with admissions recently?
Reply 11
I have also applied for Msc Health Policy Planning and Financing program in mid December. My application status says "Admissions decision Under Review N/A". I contacted the Program Director and she said I should hear of a decision by March end.
Reply 12
Oh I hope this is applicable to MPH as well.... after all these two programmes are from the same faculty? Actually I just wanted to know this info. If they could tell clearly in their emails then we would be less anxious...
Original post by docyosh
I have also applied for Msc Health Policy Planning and Financing program in mid December. My application status says "Admissions decision Under Review N/A". I contacted the Program Director and she said I should hear of a decision by March end.
Reply 13
Hello folks...I just got accepted to MSc Health Policy Planning and Financing program after waiting for almost 11 weeks.
Original post by docyosh
Hello folks...I just got accepted to MSc Health Policy Planning and Financing program after waiting for almost 11 weeks.

congratulations, I just received mail as well. I got an offer for the course. Docyosh where are you from?
Reply 15
Congratulations..I am from India.. What about you?
congratulations, I just received mail as well. I got an offer for the course. Docyosh where are you from?
Original post by docyosh
Congratulations..I am from India.. What about you?

Nigeria. I hope i get funding.
Reply 17
What Scholarahips you have applied to?
Nigeria. I hope i get funding.
Reply 18
hi guys, my application status also says “Academic Team review: N/A”, and i applied 6 weeks ago. But from what i am gathering, i should prepare myself mentally for a longer wait..Anyway, how selective is the school regarding undergraduate academic grades ?
Hello everyone. Anyone with info on LSHTM GSK scholarship for global health leaders?.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending