If you apply for accommodation later are you less likely to get your first choice?

Watch
Switzerland29
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I haven't chosen which of my universities to firm up and which to pick as an insurance yet. I will be choosing my firm choice close to the given deadline (May 2nd) and was wondering if it would decrease my chances of getting my preferred accommodation. Some context: I am still deciding between Keele, Essex and Bournemouth.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Switzerland29)
I haven't chosen which of my universities to firm up and which to pick as an insurance yet. I will be choosing my firm choice close to the given deadline (May 2nd) and was wondering if it would decrease my chances of getting my preferred accommodation. Some context: I am still deciding between Keele, Essex and Bournemouth.
Each uni has their own rules in the way they allocate accommodation. You can find out the policy by contacting them or checking the website. Some let you apply straight away once firmed and others allocate in August when the results come out.

Check the policy for each and if they allocate now, then its up to you as to how long you take to make a decision. If you are waiting for open days, then go on those first.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Universities aren’t allowed to pressure you to select a firm before the ucas deadline. That includes giving accommodation preference to early firmers. Allocation will always be fairer than you think.
BU Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Switzerland29)
Hi, thanks for considering Bournemouth. Students who have firmed their Bournemouth as their choice are currently able to book their accommodation for Sep 2019, however there will still be lots of students in the same predicament as you. You can find out more about our accommodation guarantee here.

Students who are really certain of where they want to stay at their chosen uni like to take advantage of booking early, but there will still be plenty of choices available. You can see all of the accommodation available to book here.

Good luck making your decision.

Vicki
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.67%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.33%

Watched Threads