Retaking modules at Surrey?

Watch this thread
username4534772
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This is not my case but since I am studying here I think it is for the best to know (just in case). It seems that this "failing modules" topic is very confusing in English universities so that's why I am asking haha.

What happens if you fail one/more modules, and then fail again the resits in August? Would you have to repeat the WHOLE year and every module and pay the whole tuition fee or are you allowed to retake just the modules you failed during the next academic year and pay just for the modules you are re-taking? (I read something about £300 every 10 credits)
If so, are you allowed to progress into the next year AND re-taking modules of the previous year together with exams of the current year? Or just re-taking the modules you failed and then (after a year) progress into the next year?

Are the policies different between year 1/2/3? I heard that if you fail year 1 after the resists in August you are kicked out and cannot repeat again. Is it true? It seems very harsh to be kicked out for just 1 failed module or repeat the whole year for just one failed module. What about year 2 or 3?
And last but not least, what is compensation?

Thank you.
rguise999
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I’m having this. I failed one module and have to retake in September. I don’t know how it affects student finance. As this was my first year student finance advised me to apply again for my first year?
infiniteketchup
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rguise999)
I’m having this. I failed one module and have to retake in September. I don’t know how it affects student finance. As this was my first year student finance advised me to apply again for my first year?
Do you mean you failed an August resit and have to resit for a second time in september?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (30)
23.62%
The paper was reasonable (58)
45.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (26)
20.47%
It was TERRIBLE (13)
10.24%

Watched Threads