The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Arkwright Accommodation

Hi, has anyone applied to be in Arkwright house this year? Also, has anyone whoโ€™s currently a student at Bradford stayed there. If so, whatโ€™s it like?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by Anon2k1
Hi, has anyone applied to be in Arkwright house this year? Also, has anyone whoโ€™s currently a student at Bradford stayed there. If so, whatโ€™s it like?

Hello, I stopped at Arkwright Bradford during my first and second year. I would not recommend Arkwright (or any other halls) during your first year as it is very beneficial to be around current freshers. My room was a Gold+ room, so i can only comment on these. The rooms are very spacious, good ensuite, reasonably priced, and maintenance issues were fixed promptly. The common areas look nice, however, during my time most of it was broken, and the gym is a nice touch, but cant say i spent alot of time in there :smile:. Overall, recommend Arkwright during second year at Bradford, and best if you book with a group of friends (max of 6 if memory serves) to avoid irritating flat mates. Room tip, ask for rooms on 4th floor or above to avoid road noise.

Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Original post by Chem97
Hello, I stopped at Arkwright Bradford during my first and second year. I would not recommend Arkwright (or any other halls) during your first year as it is very beneficial to be around current freshers. My room was a Gold+ room, so i can only comment on these. The rooms are very spacious, good ensuite, reasonably priced, and maintenance issues were fixed promptly. The common areas look nice, however, during my time most of it was broken, and the gym is a nice touch, but cant say i spent alot of time in there :smile:. Overall, recommend Arkwright during second year at Bradford, and best if you book with a group of friends (max of 6 if memory serves) to avoid irritating flat mates. Room tip, ask for rooms on 4th floor or above to avoid road noise.

Hope this helps.

Firstly I apologise for replying so late Iโ€™m so awful at using this app loool ๐Ÿ˜ญ
So erm unfortunately I am a first year and now I am bricking it. I have a gold en-suite plus, with 3 people I donโ€™t know who are a year to two years older than me. The reason I didnโ€™t choose green campus was because I didnโ€™t like the idea of using a shared bathroom. However, when I went to the open days I wasnโ€™t told there was an accommodation called Lennon house otherwise I wouldโ€™ve looked into it as Iโ€™ve heard a lot of first years have moved there /:

Am I gonners or do I have a chance of surviving ๐Ÿฅบ
Reply 4
Hello, There is alot of student accommodation in Bradford for a whole range of student needs. Some include: laisteridge student village, longside house, kexgill house to name a few. All very close to the university and have students from a range for years staying. I stopped at Arkwright for my first and second year and i survived so you will be fine and its not completely uncommon for freshers to stay there. I agree with your comments about the Green, hence i didn't stay there during my first year. Arkwright have a facebook group, so you may want to join that to get to know people before you move in. Can be handy, so you all dont bring the same items for the kitchen for example. Any problems you may encounter are quickly sorted by management and you may even be able to swap rooms if there is availability. Stopping at Arkwright is also good if you dont want to take all your belongings home when term ends, you can leave them in your room, if you rebook. If you have any other questions about Arkwright or the university as a whole i can answer it :smile:
Reply 5
Ahh thank you :smile:
When you stayed at Arkwright, did you know anyone; on the course or even just at the accommodation itself?
They said that the rooms above 3rd floor were booked even though I went to book in March so I got a room on the second floor. I hope it isnโ€™t too noisy however, Iโ€™ll see how it goes.
I donโ€™t know anyone on the course or in the accommodation.
Do you know if thereโ€™s any washing facilities there too? Like washing machines etc? I didnโ€™t see any on the tour you see
Reply 6
Hello,

I didn't know anyone when i started university, on the course or even at the accommodation, but you will soon meet people during freshers week and in lectures/workshop. However, i did meet one of the flatmates on the facebook group, so again would recommend joining that. Rooms of the second floor should be okay, but depends if you face the road or not. If you are 4th floor or above, alot of the street lighting does seep through so it depends which is of greater annoyance. There is washing facilities onsite, one at the bottom of the hill in the new part of the accommodation (bottom of the hill) and the older bit (near the reception area). The laundry services are run by circuit laundry, you will be given a card which you can top up online and use instead of cash. There are quite alot of washing machines, so its rare to queue for them.

Hope that answers some questions, again happy to answer any further ones about accommodation or the university.
I'm sure the guys at @iQ Student Accommodation would be happy to help if you have any questions!
Reply 8
Yeah you can always email Arkwright Bradford, or send me a private message if you want any information from a student prescpective about Arkwright or the university in general.
Reply 9
Thank you, itโ€™s much appreciated.
Original post by Aaminah.1

Hi there,

We're very happy to welcome you at iQ!

You can join our social groups to get to know your flatmates. Here's the one for iQ Arkwright House:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/326775064722134

There's also a page just for your iQ site to help you find some friendly faces ahead of time. It gets updated with upcoming events as well
https://www.iqstudentaccommodation.com/events

We hope this info is helpful, but please feel free to get in touch with any questions! We're always happy to help.
Reply 11
Hiya, Seeing as though this was posted a couple of years ago just messaging to see how you enjoyed Arkwright house? Is it fairly busy and do the to all get booked up if you know?Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest