Diamond22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically, I’ve got offers from my 5 unis to do English and History

My highest is York with 3 As which I’m technically predicted to get, but I’m not sure I will as I’m finding history really difficult at the moment, but I love the course and the place

I’ve got another offer from Lancaster, and I love it as well, and it’s slightly lower at ABB

My last one is Bristol (which I really don’t want to go to) but it’s my lowest offer at 3 Bs

So my problem is, do I risk putting York as my firm and Bristol as my insurance, or do I do what I was thinking of and putting Lancaster as my firm because it’s more realistic?
RMC13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Firstly, how on earth did you get a Bristol offer at three Bs lmao, mine was contextual and that's only ABB. Second, I recommend just putting the one you know for certain you'd love the most to go to, no matter the offer requirement. Even if you had a uni as the insurance, you should still 100% get a place and accommodation, though perhaps you won't get your 1st choice accommodation, yet that shouldn't matter too much.
I put York as my firm and Bristol as insurance, AAA to ABB, as I'm predicted A*AA, however, you still have time to improve History and since you have an offer from York, I presume you were predicted AAA also. Even so, you will still make the insurance if you get the grades and hopefully enjoy it just as much.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Diamond22)
Basically, I’ve got offers from my 5 unis to do English and History

My highest is York with 3 As which I’m technically predicted to get, but I’m not sure I will as I’m finding history really difficult at the moment, but I love the course and the place

I’ve got another offer from Lancaster, and I love it as well, and it’s slightly lower at ABB

My last one is Bristol (which I really don’t want to go to) but it’s my lowest offer at 3 Bs

So my problem is, do I risk putting York as my firm and Bristol as my insurance, or do I do what I was thinking of and putting Lancaster as my firm because it’s more realistic?
BBB is very low for Bristol - is it UWE?

I wouldn't bother picking Bristol at all, not when you don't want to go there.

I would either Firm York and Insure Lancaster or Firm Lancaster with no Insurance. In the unlikely event that you don't get into Lancaster, you will still be able to apply to other Unis in Clearing. Lancaster and York are both great unis
annamcbrideo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! I know quite a few people who got into York despite narrowly missing out on the grades on results day, so hopefully that brings you some comfort! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads