The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Spanish 7692 Paper 1 3rd June 2019

This poll is closed

How did Paper 1 go for everyone

Great/alright 66%
Terrible23%
Think I’ve failed:(11%
Total votes: 99
Starting up a thread for paper 1 (listening, reading translation paper) for Aqa Spanish this year! Feel free to ask questions about the exam and let’s boss it together 😃 @Evil Homer ps could you please change the title to 2019 not 2018 haha i got it wrong sorry.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

@hazza1207

All done for you :smile:
Hello, how do you revise for paper 1?
Reply 3
Original post by shawoltina
Hello, how do you revise for paper 1?

I find paper 1 pretty hard to revise for and always procrastinate. But i put all the vocab into quizlet...and then use their learn/game functions to learn the vocab. I don't use Memrise but I've heard it can be quite good, so you can give that a try. I find translations the hardest so I just practice them...a lot. And I practice doing the summaries under timed conditions, whilst trying to keep it under 90 words. If you have Kerboodle at your sixth form (i have no idea if it's just my sixth form, or if everyone has it) then they do lists of vocab that are different to the book vocab and the exercises are harder so when you do the real thing it seems easier. I also do the exercises in the text book and do as many past papers as I can...not that there are many, but you begin to notice patterns ie they always seem to put in the phrase "more and more" in the English --> Spanish translation and will only accept "cada vez mas" and won't accept "mas y mas" so that has really helped me too. :smile:
Hi
Reply 5
buenas noches
Original post by thedoctorwhovian
Hi
do you think I'll lose marks in my speaking for speaking English and if so how much bc i was saying something wrong and i said 'sorry' and i corrected myself
Reply 7
I think you will probably be marked down but considering you a. only said sorry (not a full sentence) and b. corrected yourself (you identified the mistake) you'll may be lose a mark or two for fluency
Original post by etherealism
do you think I'll lose marks in my speaking for speaking English and if so how much bc i was saying something wrong and i said 'sorry' and i corrected myself
oh thats not as bad as I thought bc I've been stressing about it so much since it happened
Original post by BHSC
I think you will probably be marked down but considering you a. only said sorry (not a full sentence) and b. corrected yourself (you identified the mistake) you'll may be lose a mark or two for fluency
hey you mentioned kerboodle, where do you get the exercises on it that are harder?
Original post by BHSC
I find paper 1 pretty hard to revise for and always procrastinate. But i put all the vocab into quizlet...and then use their learn/game functions to learn the vocab. I don't use Memrise but I've heard it can be quite good, so you can give that a try. I find translations the hardest so I just practice them...a lot. And I practice doing the summaries under timed conditions, whilst trying to keep it under 90 words. If you have Kerboodle at your sixth form (i have no idea if it's just my sixth form, or if everyone has it) then they do lists of vocab that are different to the book vocab and the exercises are harder so when you do the real thing it seems easier. I also do the exercises in the text book and do as many past papers as I can...not that there are many, but you begin to notice patterns ie they always seem to put in the phrase "more and more" in the English --> Spanish translation and will only accept "cada vez mas" and won't accept "mas y mas" so that has really helped me too. :smile:
Reply 10
okay, so if you log into kerboodle, click on the course (Spanish from 2016), and go into resources, down the side of the screen on the left is a list of all the resources- my teacher always gives us the worksheets to work through and the translations etc tend to be a bit harder than the actual test (to me anyway!). Even so, they are still really useful in revision as we obviously don't have many past papers yet! Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Indiacorden
hey you mentioned kerboodle, where do you get the exercises on it that are harder?
Reply 11
At the end of the day, it's done now and I'm sure you will make up for it on the other papers...I'm sure it wasn't even as bad as you remembered! Good luck :smile:
Original post by etherealism
oh thats not as bad as I thought bc I've been stressing about it so much since it happened
Hi Guys, Just wondering the best way to revise for Paper 2?
Reply 13
Original post by biomastermind
Hi Guys, Just wondering the best way to revise for Paper 2?

This is what I normally do:
I make revision cards on themes, characters, plot, writer/director's technique; I make posters as well; I also find any past paper questions for my book (La Casa de Bernarda Alba) and film (El Laberinto del Fauno) and practice making essay plans from those- tests your knowledge and ability to make essay plans (normally give myself 5 to 10 mins to do one to practice under time pressure). The revision guides by Hodder education are pretty good and there's loads of online resources made by teachers. Hope that gives you an idea?
How is everyone feeling about the exam?
haven't got any time to revise it with my other subjects, so not feeling great!
Original post by thedoctorwhovian
How is everyone feeling about the exam?
do you know of any other phrases that they put in there to catch people out? like you mentioned the cada vez mas example
Original post by BHSC
Feeling scared about the exam tomorrow ...
Reply 18
I can't think of many off the top of my head, but one might be" al + infinitive" so "Upon doing/eating/reading etc" they also seem to like subjunctives in the English to Spanish translation.
Original post by Indiacorden
do you know of any other phrases that they put in there to catch people out? like you mentioned the cada vez mas example
Reply 19
Same! I've spent all week thinking it's ages away and now...:s-smilie:
Original post by 01111magic
Feeling scared about the exam tomorrow ...

Quick Reply