Chandani1004
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is anyone planning to use study medicine europe to go abroad to study medicine from the UK? If so which country and which web are you using. Im using study med europe
AJFK1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm also considering studying medicine in Bulgaria and have been in touch with an agency and it seems promising. To be completely honest, my main concern is funding. Does anyone know if its possible to get finance abroad. I've been looking and can't seem to find any viable options.
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
(Original post by AJFK1)
I'm also considering studying medicine in Bulgaria and have been in touch with an agency and it seems promising. To be completely honest, my main concern is funding. Does anyone know if its possible to get finance abroad. I've been looking and can't seem to find any viable options.
To be honest im not too sure my self the company i want to go thru is 4k charge to the study medicine europe i mean thats a lot but i hav seen lot of applications thru them successsful on reviews on google. Let me know where and which u apply. Im thinkinh romania now. And lemme know if find out bout funding. Thanks
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
Did they have any charges for their services?
Esthere
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hypothalamus77)
Bulgaria is AWESOME. I study there and I LOVE it. Tuitions are on the low end and living costs I think are the lowest in the whole of Europe. I got there with Medlink Students. These guys took me from the airport and toured me around the city (Sofia). We keep in touch with them and I dare say we've become friends. I definitely recommend Bulgaria as well as this particular agency!

How are you finding the course and lecturers? Are you in Medixal university Sofia?
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
I think im going to stick with georiga
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
What do you mean risk? Is it risky going there??
(Original post by Hypothalamus77)
It's your risk to take anyway mate
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
Oh okay thanks for the information might need to re evaluate 😔
AJFK1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm speaking to someone through medlinks and it's run by former students, who have now come back to the U.K. and are doctors and current students. You get an advisor who guides you through the whole thing and apparently they keep in touch with you throughout your degree, which is consistent with what Hypothalamus77 said. My advisor is from the U.K and is studying in Europe and has been so, so helpful. Certain sites and sources say that in Bulgaria, you may be able to get a loan to help fund your studies, but I've had difficulty finding somewhere so most likely it'll have to be self-funded.
(Original post by Chandani1004)
To be honest im not too sure my self the company i want to go thru is 4k charge to the study medicine europe i mean thats a lot but i hav seen lot of applications thru them successsful on reviews on google. Let me know where and which u apply. Im thinkinh romania now. And lemme know if find out bout funding. Thanks
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
Hii guys so i compared the study medicine europe services and the medlinks services and seem like sme offer more support. Not too sure where to go yet and who to chose still have time anyways
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
https://www.gov.uk/travel-grants-stu...d/how-to-claim
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
Yh i got in contact. Do they also help u find accommodation
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
Yes im going to go to crovia romania now.
(Original post by FatWalrice99)
There's literally no bad review I've looked all over they do their jobs I guess.
Chandani1004
Rep:
?
Where u applied
Esthere
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

I’m going to Plovdiv in September if I don’t go to Sofia and I wondering what are the sports like? Which sports does the university offer and are they graded? Also does the university have societies?

Thanks
(Original post by Takeitissy)
Hey guys, my name is Israt Jahan and I am a first year student at Plovdiv Medical University in Bulgaria. I just finished my first year exams so If you are interested in studying abroad and have tones of questions, you can ask me. Just to let you know, I came here through medconnect Europe and I highly recommend them for application abroad. I think they are the cheapest agency in U.K. at the moment they are upper years students themselves so it’s extremely helpful having students agents. If you have any question regarding studying abroad, get in touch x you still got until August ish to apply for the next academic year so don’t miss this opportunity if you really really want to study medicine 🙌🏽
Takeitissy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Esthere)
Hey,

I’m going to Plovdiv in September if I don’t go to Sofia and I wondering what are the sports like? Which sports does the university offer and are they graded? Also does the university have societies?

Thanks
Hey,
Sport is part of your subjects in first year and yes it is graded but it’s really not a big deal, they just care about attendance.
They have football, basketball, tennis, cricket, gym, badminton, table tennis & swimming. There are other stuff which I don’t remember as well. There are loads of societies here such as MSA (Muslim student association), MSOM (medical student on a mission), Somali society, African society, Pakistani society, Indian society and couple of other stuff which u will find out during your induction day if you get in.
Takeitissy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FatWalrus22)
Completely agree with this. How much are they charging now do you know?
They are charging around £1600, flights, hotels & transport included for entrance exams. Prices vary to be fair so you will have to ring them and find out
Lordofmud
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Be careful who you study with at Sofia

https://bivol.bg/en/swedes-with-crim...niversity.html
Esthere
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much I’m so excited for uni
(Original post by Takeitissy)
Hey,
Sport is part of your subjects in first year and yes it is graded but it’s really not a big deal, they just care about attendance.
They have football, basketball, tennis, cricket, gym, badminton, table tennis & swimming. There are other stuff which I don’t remember as well. There are loads of societies here such as MSA (Muslim student association), MSOM (medical student on a mission), Somali society, African society, Pakistani society, Indian society and couple of other stuff which u will find out during your induction day if you get in.
LadyScheherazade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I feel so relieved to actually find a current/recent thread of students going for 2020 entry, all the threads so far that I have seen have been like 5 years ago. I'm in the same boat in terms of finances, does anyone know of a way around it because I'm still searching, the way I see it is that I'm going to have to take out a loan in my name.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (44)
13.46%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
14.07%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (119)
36.39%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
10.09%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (67)
20.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.5%

Watched Threads