The Student Room Group

Muslim guy dating Christian girl

Been dating for a while now and our parents are pretty cool about it. What are your opinions? Got any tips and stuff?
muslim girl dating a christian guy, how are you parents so cool about it omg??
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
muslim girl dating a christian guy, how are you parents so cool about it omg??

I don’t even know
It's fine , nothing wrong about it.Well just don't try to disrespect anything related to religion I suppose . then you should be fine
You are not Muslim mate, you "were".
Reply 5
Original post by Hammad(214508)
You are not Muslim mate, you "were".

He is still a Muslim. If he practices everything else in the religion except this one thing that changes it?
Original post by Anonymous
He is still a Muslim. If he practices everything else in the religion except this one thing that changes it?

He's deffo not a muslim right now, if he regrets his mistake and apologises to God (because Allah is generous he might forgive him).
multi-cultural society, i personally wouldn't go with anyone outside my religion due to considerations of raising a family but each to their own devices.

you're technically "people of the book" - Abrahamic faith, so there's nothing wrong from an Islamic viewpoint should he marry you. the remainder i.e fornication etc.. is obviously not permissible but nobody's perfect eh'

“As to marriage, you are allowed to marry the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); provided that you have given them their dowries, and live with them in honor, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines.” Qur’an (5:5).

this specific verse closed the debate on “the disbelief” of christians or jews concluding that they are neither disbelievers nor polytheists.
Listen stop talking **** and rubbish like you are some scholar and the best person in the world. This is a phase in your faith when u will think you are better then everyone it will soon calm down and you will be a better person.

I am not saying having a relationship outside of marriage is aloud because it clearly isnt. But for you to say he is no longer muslim makes you very stupid and is a dangerous statement, dont take it lightly.

All sins are forgiven except idolatry. Doesnt mean you go doing sins for fun. But your talking ****.
Original post by Hammad(214508)
He's deffo not a muslim right now, if he regrets his mistake and apologises to God (because Allah is generous he might forgive him).
Makes sense there are more Muslim men than women and more Christian women than Men. At least it's someone of faith (person of the book). Change my mind!
No I am not a scholar or a good person either , I probably commit more sins than him. I am just saying that this is something that is completely against the religion (I am no one to decide who is muslim and who is not ) probably used the wrong vocabulary sorry for that.
Original post by Passwordisyou
Listen stop talking **** and rubbish like you are some scholar and the best person in the world. This is a phase in your faith when u will think you are better then everyone it will soon calm down and you will be a better person.

I am not saying having a relationship outside of marriage is aloud because it clearly isnt. But for you to say he is no longer muslim makes you very stupid and is a dangerous statement, dont take it lightly.

All sins are forgiven except idolatry. Doesnt mean you go doing sins for fun. But your talking ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending