The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Spanish 7692 Paper 2 7th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
El Racismo.
Original post by catsq234
would that be under "El Racismo" or the "Igualdad de los sexos" do you think?
Oh okay, only because I thought you always had a choice between an AS card and an A2 card (and La inmigración y El Racismo are both A2)
Original post by RDL123
El Racismo.
Reply 22
el racismo for sure and defo a year 2 topic
Reply 23
you're right...idk...mostly blocked it out of my mind lol
Original post by catsq234
Oh okay, only because I thought you always had a choice between an AS card and an A2 card (and La inmigración y El Racismo are both A2)
Aha, no worries, was just a little confused :smile:
Original post by BHSC
you're right...idk...mostly blocked it out of my mind lol
My speaking card went pretty badly but my IRP couldn’t have gone any better which is good. How are you revising for the other two papers? What book and film are you studying?
Original post by BHSC
I did mine about a week and a half ago! You will be absolutely fine and you definitely know more Spanish than you think! Just make sure you have your IRP down to pat and it doesn't go over the 2 minutes. The card was fine, as long as you remember to ask 2 questions and they will ask you 2 unknown questions too. For the card, when I had to choose, I went for the one that I could talk the most about...so I could fill the 5/6 mins. I went over my research notes I made whilst I was doing the IRP before the exam, just to remind me about the topic etc. It goes by pretty fast...good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!!
Reply 26
My book is La Casa de Bernarda Alba and my film is El Laberinto del Fauno. Lots of flashcards on quizlet for all the unknown vocab, grammar exercises in the AQA grammar book, using the past papers, kerboodle, practising past paper questions for the essays etc! You?
Original post by isthatnataliee
My speaking card went pretty badly but my IRP couldn’t have gone any better which is good. How are you revising for the other two papers? What book and film are you studying?
my book is La Casa de Bernarda Alba, and my film is Pan’s Lab! What themes/ characters are we expecting to come up? :smile:
Reply 28
:biggrin: i'm hoping it will be something like compare Ofelia and Vidal...cos i could go on for days about it lol. last year it was compare the relationship between ofelia/mercedes and analyse director's techniques...so i'm guessing they might do something different this year?? For the book, idk, probably a character question on Adela/Bernarda
Original post by skkkkkkkkr
my book is La Casa de Bernarda Alba, and my film is Pan’s Lab! What themes/ characters are we expecting to come up? :smile:
Original post by BHSC
:biggrin: i'm hoping it will be something like compare Ofelia and Vidal...cos i could go on for days about it lol. last year it was compare the relationship between ofelia/mercedes and analyse director's techniques...so i'm guessing they might do something different this year?? For the book, idk, probably a character question on Adela/Bernarda

ooh a question on Ofelia and Vidal would be a dream! I would also like disobedience, or perhaps the treatment of women in the film. I’m not as confident for La Casa 😣
Reply 30
yeah, me neither, we only did the book this year and the language is so hard! Disobedience would actually be another great question!
ooh a question on Ofelia and Vidal would be a dream! I would also like disobedience, or perhaps the treatment of women in the film. I’m not as confident for La Casa 😣
Original post by BHSC
My book is La Casa de Bernarda Alba and my film is El Laberinto del Fauno. Lots of flashcards on quizlet for all the unknown vocab, grammar exercises in the AQA grammar book, using the past papers, kerboodle, practising past paper questions for the essays etc! You?

My book is Como Agua Para Chocolate and my film is also El Laberinto del Fauno. Yeah I’ve been making flash cards and done a few past papers but I don’t seem to be improving at all
Reply 32
What do you struggle most with? For me, it is getting the marks for grammar (or more importantly, not losing marks for stupid mistakes!)
Original post by isthatnataliee
My book is Como Agua Para Chocolate and my film is also El Laberinto del Fauno. Yeah I’ve been making flash cards and done a few past papers but I don’t seem to be improving at all
I’m the same! I’m happy with my marks for content, but I make silly grammar mistakes like agreements, or choosing the wrong ser/ estar.
Original post by BHSC
What do you struggle most with? For me, it is getting the marks for grammar (or more importantly, not losing marks for stupid mistakes!)
Reply 34
literally me...don't get me started on fricking por/para :confused::colondollar:
I’m the same! I’m happy with my marks for content, but I make silly grammar mistakes like agreements, or choosing the wrong ser/ estar.
I'm studying La Casa for the book and Ocho Apellidos Vascos for the film, both of which are quite tricky imo. Anyone got any predictions for what might come up?
Reply 36
La casa I'm thinking might be a question on Adela herself (Bernarda came up last year and Pepe el Romano came up on the specimen paper) and possibly the other choice might be on the theme of love/desire (repression came up on the specimen paper and the role of society came up last year) might be talking nonsense though!
Original post by okurr123
I'm studying La Casa for the book and Ocho Apellidos Vascos for the film, both of which are quite tricky imo. Anyone got any predictions for what might come up?
Original post by BHSC
La casa I'm thinking might be a question on Adela herself (Bernarda came up last year and Pepe el Romano came up on the specimen paper) and possibly the other choice might be on the theme of love/desire (repression came up on the specimen paper and the role of society came up last year) might be talking nonsense though!

Yes that makes sense, it could be on Adela as I don't think they will ask us to purely analyse one of the other characters who they haven't asked about and which aren't as important in the play? Which film are you studying?
Reply 38
I think you're right...though I suppose they could ask us to analyse the sisters as a whole? El Laberinto del Fauno! You?
Original post by BHSC
I think you're right...though I suppose they could ask us to analyse the sisters as a whole? El Laberinto del Fauno! You?

Yeah that is possible, that would be hard though if they gave us that ! Ah I love that film! I wanted to study that one but I’m doing Ocho Apellidos Vascos which is also quite good. How did your speaking exam go?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending