University of Edinburgh 2019 Architecture Applicants

Watch this thread
Chl2763
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there I am a Scottish student and have applied for Architecture at Edinburgh starting 2019. I haven’t heard back yet but thought it would be good to have a space to chat with like minded people!!! Comment any info or questions about the process
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chl2763)
Hi there I am a Scottish student and have applied for Architecture at Edinburgh starting 2019. I haven’t heard back yet but thought it would be good to have a space to chat with like minded people!!! Comment any info or questions about the process
You can find the main University of Edinburgh applicant chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5509272

ECA Applicants Chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5681134

Architecture Applicants Chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5804374

Moved to University of Edinburgh
Quyen_3
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hey I'm thinking to put Edinburgh as my insurance choice, but still abit unsure..

Have you heard back from them yet?
Chl2763
Rep:
(Original post by Quyen_3)
Hey I'm thinking to put Edinburgh as my insurance choice, but still abit unsure..

Have you heard back from them yet?
I haven’t heard anything yet but a lot of people have had both offers and rejections so far...
Chl2763
Rep:
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
You can find the main University of Edinburgh applicant chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5509272

ECA Applicants Chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5681134

Architecture Applicants Chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5804374

Moved to University of Edinburgh
Thanks, I made this specifically for Edinburgh architecture applicants 2019
Quyen_3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I haven’t heard anything yet but a lot of people have had both offers and rejections so far...
Ah okay well hopefully you'll hear back soon I've decided to put them down as my insurance choice.

Where else did you apply to?
Quyen_3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Do you know what the facilities/ studios are like? Have you had a chance to visit?
Chl2763
Rep:
Do you know what the facilities/ studios are like? Have you had a chance to visit?
I went to the open day and was really impressed with the spaces they had. There were both studios and technical workshops, also computers etc. Overall it looked really good and they said they were also making more studios so they are trying to improve the place even more
Chl2763
Rep:
Ah okay well hopefully you'll hear back soon I've decided to put them down as my insurance choice.

Where else did you apply to?
Good! What’s your first choice?
I have actually only applied to Edinburgh, I am only in s5 so I would be leaving early. If I don’t get in I’ll continue s6 and reapply next year ( I’ll also apply to other places as well) i live in Edinburgh so I didn’t want to move away at 17 y/o
Quyen_3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I went to the open day and was really impressed with the spaces they had. There were both studios and technical workshops, also computers etc. Overall it looked really good and they said they were also making more studios so they are trying to improve the place even more
Oh nice! Yeah I was abit concerned about that because I couldn't find any photos online. Also what do you think about the course?
Quyen_3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Good! What’s your first choice?
I have actually only applied to Edinburgh, I am only in s5 so I would be leaving early. If I don’t get in I’ll continue s6 and reapply next year ( I’ll also apply to other places as well) i live in Edinburgh so I didn’t want to move away at 17 y/o
Sheffield
Ah I see! I keep forgetting that the Scottish education system is completely different to the rest of the uk aha! Yeah that's good and you don't have to pay fees?
Chl2763
Rep:
Sheffield
Ah I see! I keep forgetting that the Scottish education system is completely different to the rest of the uk aha! Yeah that's good and you don't have to pay fees?
Scottish students don’t pay fees, well there is a fee that ranges from £1000-£2000 but it’s basically completely granted by the government. This is great, but it means they put a cap on how many students they will pay for, so universities make Scottish requirements harder and accept less applicants. Guess you can’t have it both ways
Quyen_3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Scottish students don’t pay fees, well there is a fee that ranges from £1000-£2000 but it’s basically completely granted by the government. This is great, but it means they put a cap on how many students they will pay for, so universities make Scottish requirements harder and accept less applicants. Guess you can’t have it both ways
Yeah true, though still so lucky to get any sort of benefits..
farah1540
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I've given up on receiving an acceptance
temiajayi
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Is anyone going to the offer holder day in April?
Chl2763
Rep:
(Original post by temiajayi)
Is anyone going to the offer holder day in April?
I was at it today, did you go?
Chl2763
Rep:
(Original post by farah1540)
I've given up on receiving an acceptance
Have you not heard back yet? I’m sure you will soon!
Oh nice! Yeah I was abit concerned about that because I couldn't find any photos online. Also what do you think about the course?
I went to an offer holder day today and saw a couple talks about architecture. The course seems to be really good! It’s more creative than some, as many are very structured and scientific. So if you prefer that then Edinburgh might be a bit too abstract but I’m really creative so I was really impressed with what I saw!
Quyen_3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I went to an offer holder day today and saw a couple talks about architecture. The course seems to be really good! It’s more creative than some, as many are very structured and scientific. So if you prefer that then Edinburgh might be a bit too abstract but I’m really creative so I was really impressed with what I saw!
Oh okay, what sort of breifs do we get given? How was the studio and facilities?
Suksheetha
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hey! I've received an offer from Edinburgh for BA in Architecture. I would like to know about the student life in Edinburgh and what it is like to study in Edinburgh.
Chl2763
Rep:
Oh okay, what sort of breifs do we get given? How was the studio and facilities?
As far as the work, I am not entirely sure but I will say as much as I can!
During the first year, all work is done manually on drawing boards so you can learn about what you are doing before having to try CAD etc.. he first year students said this really helped them as they didn’t have to learn too much at once. I know at some point in maybe year 2 ( don’t quote me) you go away on a trip abroad and study the area and then you do a project on that. That’s most of what I know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (17)
34.69%
They're what I expected (15)
30.61%
They're worse than what I expected (17)
34.69%

Watched Threads