Told off in an exam for smelling too much like coconut? Watch

Roseln
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I had my language mock this morning and an invigilator thought it was crucial enough to leave a note of my desk during it stating
'don't worry you're not in trouble but please speak to an invigilator after the exam'

Anyway when it finished an invigilator approached me nd asked
'Are you wearing perfume?'
like I had no idea what was going on and just awkwardly laughed thinking she was going to ask what it was or something but then she turns slightly more peristant
'is it coconut? It smells very coconutty'
and like I'm so confused I didn't put a lot on at all
'we are going to have to reconsider the seating arrangements because of you and rearrange the seating plan'

Like what???? What was that about?? Its artifical and I don't see why a body spray would contain any actual coconut in case of allergies

I have no idea what this is about does anyone have any insight on this? I didn't know smelling 'too much like coconut' was against the rules? I asked my friends and they said they could only smell it if they came super close to me and smelt me directly?
Last edited by Roseln; 1 week ago
Roseln
Rep:
?
(Original post by Roseln)
I had my language mock this morning and an invigilator thought it was crucial enough to leave a note of my desk during it stating 'don't worry you're not in trouble but please speak to an invigilator after the exam' and I totally stressed about it the rest of my examAnyway when it finished an invigilator approached me nd asked 'Are you wearing perfume?' like I had no idea what was going on and just awkwardly laughed thinking she was going to ask what it was or something but then she turns slightly more peristant'is it coconut? It smells very coconutty' and like I'm so confused I didn't put a lot on at all'we are going to have to reconsider the seating arrangements because of you and rearrange the seating plan'Like what???? What was that about?? Its artifical and I don't see why a body spray would contain any actual coconut in case of allergies and I was sat near my friends apart from this one girl who has a little something against me but I'm sure she would've have complained? I have no idea what this is about does anyone have any insight on this? I didn't know smelling 'too much like coconut' was against the rules? I asked my friends and they said they could only smell it if they came super close to me and smelt me directly?
Sorry this came out in such a huge block of text I literally just made an account to ask this question because no one I know has a clue what this was about
KiwiBanana22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Eh, coconut is a lovely aroma, it is impossible to smell to coconutty in my book.
Roseln
Rep:
?
The invigilator says I can challenge that for you
(Original post by KiwiBanana22)
Eh, coconut is a lovely aroma, it is impossible to smell to coconutty in my book.
velvethopes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Madness. What about all the guys who douse themselves in half a can of Lynx everyday? Surely that'd be a more distracting smell than coconut, bc I can't see how body spray would be more of an issue than the scent being a distraction (though, with coconut, a pleasant one )
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
I had my language mock this morning and an invigilator thought it was crucial enough to leave a note of my desk during it stating
'don't worry you're not in trouble but please speak to an invigilator after the exam'

like I had no idea what was going on and just awkwardly laughed thinking she was going to ask what it was or something but then she turns slightly more peristant
'we are going to have to reconsider the seating arrangements because of you and rearrange the seating plan'

Like what???? What was that about?? Its artifical and I don't see why a body spray would contain any actual coconut in case of allergies

I have no idea what this is about does anyone have any insight on this? I didn't know smelling 'too much like coconut' was against the rules? I asked my friends and they said they could only smell it if they came super close to me and smelt me directly?
Just let it go.
Wear a less perfumed body spray.
KiwiBanana22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Start talking about harassment if they object to your exotic fragrance in future. It's a whole lot better than showing up reeking of sweat, ****, alcohol or all three.
The invigilator says I can challenge that for you
Blossom+
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I have no idea what this is about does anyone have any insight on this? I didn't know smelling 'too much like coconut' was against the rules? I asked my friends and they said they could only smell it if they came super close to me and smelt
yk Maltman be lyk that m8
1Person
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
<<coconutty>>
I like this word.
Roseln
Rep:
?
Yeah but what makes the whole experience worse is that I had about 2 people chewing gum throughout the exam next to me which was kinda gross but like did they get told off? No
Did my coconutty self?
Yes and it was quite embarassing
(Original post by velvethopes)
Madness. What about all the guys who douse themselves in half a can of Lynx everyday? Surely that'd be a more distracting smell than coconut, bc I can't see how body spray would be more of an issue than the scent being a distraction (though, with coconut, a pleasant one )
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We've all been there.
Blossom+
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
U know Maltman right....lol I know who u are....
RazzzBerries
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’d douse myself in coconut oil and bring 5 coconuts to the next exam, and then get the invigilator chained to my desk.
KiwiBanana22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, a floral garland round the neck, 2 coconut shells made into a bra and enter the room singing "I've got a lover-ly bunch of coconuts". That will piss them right off!
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
I’d douse myself in coconut oil and bring 5 coconuts to the next exam, and then get the invigilator chained to my desk.
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is my favourite ever thread title
RazzzBerries
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
This is my favourite ever thread title
The funniest bit was that it wasn’t even click bait 😂
bloomer36
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tbh I've experienced being around people who smell very strongly of coconut and I don't like it. I don't know why it smells so strong.
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Ditto.

I find the whole situation very odd.
jadarose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like someone next to you/ around you complained
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've had to have words with an invigilator because her perfume was over-powering and students complained. Shea wouldn't tone it down and she left soon after. Never had a problem with a candidate being too coconutty though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads