Need help with gcse physics as I suck at it

Watch
Maira108
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone got any good revision tips for physics need help with it please doing higher combined
Last edited by Maira108; 1 year ago
samisikander
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) Firstly learn all of the equations , depending on wether you do higher tier or foundation tier.
2) Try and make flash cards with info on the back and questions/topic name on the front. Flash cards only work for some people so if they don’t work for you then maybe think of an alternative.
3) Make sure you revise all practicals as usually if you do aqa the 6 markers are practicals.
Thats all i could think of , hope it helped
Maira108
Rep:
?
Thank you and I’m doing higher
(Original post by samisikander)
1) Firstly learn all of the equations , depending on wether you do higher tier or foundation tier.
2) Try and make flash cards with info on the back and questions/topic name on the front. Flash cards only work for some people so if they don’t work for you then maybe think of an alternative.
3) Make sure you revise all practicals as usually if you do aqa the 6 markers are practicals.
Thats all i could think of , hope it helped
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Required practicals make up 15% of the GCSE, so around 30 marks across both papers will be on required practicals. So definitely do make sure you learn them.

Maths makes up 30% of the Physics GCSE, so make sure you learn your equations and make sure you know how to work out the mean and stuff like that. Also make sure you can interpret graphs and describe the patterns in them.

There are going to be three 6 mark questions on each paper, I believe, so that's about 18% of the GCSE. Make sure you can nail those.
Becky_x56
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Learn all the equations !! (When I was doing gcse last year I used this song on YouTube- if you type in gcse physics equations it should come up it’s a bunch of teachers doing it it’s amazing)
Past papers will be your best friend!! Do as many as possible this is so you get use to answering exam questions and used to the layout as it’s all very similar on every paper.
Memories all definitions for things such as Newton’s laws, electricity definitions eg current. These are easy 1-2 marks you can pick up.
Make sure you can rearrange equations and be able to link more then one question into one question.
Learn all the practicals- do this now as I waited until a week before the exam and it was stressful, make sure you can explain each step and explain safety and was results you will see.
Graphs are also easy marks, you may be asked to draw one or interpret one make sure you can do both.
Finally, make a list of every single topic and sub topics you’ve done and will do by the time your exams come, you could ask your teachers or use your revision guide or look online at the spec but then make a timetable or something where each week you focus on a topic and make sure you nail it this is what I did and I felt so confident going into the exam.
Good luck for all your GCSEs.
Maira108
Rep:
?
Thank you but the thing I’m struggling at is remembering the practicals and using the equations that why I find it so hard
(Original post by Anthos)
Required practicals make up 15% of the GCSE, so around 30 marks across both papers will be on required practicals. So definitely do make sure you learn them.

Maths makes up 30% of the Physics GCSE, so make sure you learn your equations and make sure you know how to work out the mean and stuff like that. Also make sure you can interpret graphs and describe the patterns in them.

There are going to be three 6 mark questions on each paper, I believe, so that's about 18% of the GCSE. Make sure you can nail those.
Maira108
Rep:
?
Thank you I will definitely try this

(Original post by Becky_x56)
Learn all the equations !! (When I was doing gcse last year I used this song on YouTube- if you type in gcse physics equations it should come up it’s a bunch of teachers doing it it’s amazing)
Past papers will be your best friend!! Do as many as possible this is so you get use to answering exam questions and used to the layout as it’s all very similar on every paper.
Memories all definitions for things such as Newton’s laws, electricity definitions eg current. These are easy 1-2 marks you can pick up.
Make sure you can rearrange equations and be able to link more then one question into one question.
Learn all the practicals- do this now as I waited until a week before the exam and it was stressful, make sure you can explain each step and explain safety and was results you will see.
Graphs are also easy marks, you may be asked to draw one or interpret one make sure you can do both.
Finally, make a list of every single topic and sub topics you’ve done and will do by the time your exams come, you could ask your teachers or use your revision guide or look online at the spec but then make a timetable or something where each week you focus on a topic and make sure you nail it this is what I did and I felt so confident going into the exam.
Good luck for all your GCSEs.
louisehelenmay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
stick post it notes of the questions in your room or somewhere where you will see them all the time, this will eventually stick into your long term memory if you are looking at them everyday!
Maira108
Rep:
?
Ok thank you
(Original post by louisebartlett)
stick post it notes of the questions in your room or somewhere where you will see them all the time, this will eventually stick into your long term memory if you are looking at them everyday!
louisehelenmay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i meant equations by the way, if that makes anymore sense then questions 😂
(Original post by Maira108)
Ok thank you
Maira108
Rep:
?
Yeah I know autocorrect is so annoying
(Original post by louisebartlett)
i meant equations by the way, if that makes anymore sense then questions 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.26%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.66%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.42%

Watched Threads