Do I need to take the morning after pill? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am on the pill but was being sick on Sunday all day so figured there is no point in taking it as I would only throw it back up so I took 2 pills on Monday instead. I then had unprotected sex today but he did pull out as I had it in the back of my mind that I'd taken the pills late. The pill I was supposed to take on Sunday was also the first pill of a new pack and I remember reading that taking the first pill late is most dangerous, which is why I am worried. I also know the pull out method is not always effective at all.

Should I take the morning after pill just to stop my worry? Anyone who has taken it before could you explain the process - I was thinking of maybe going to Boots or something?
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am on the pill but was being sick on Sunday all day so figured there is no point in taking it as I would only throw it back up so I took 2 pills on Monday instead. I then had unprotected sex today but he did pull out as I had it in the back of my mind that I'd taken the pills late. The pill I was supposed to take on Sunday was also the first pill of a new pack and I remember reading that taking the first pill late is most dangerous, which is why I am worried. I also know the pull out method is not always effective at all.

Should I take the morning after pill just to stop my worry? Anyone who has taken it before could you explain the process - I was thinking of maybe going to Boots or something?
If you missed a pill, which as it was a fair few hours over then you might not be protected so it could be a good idea to speak to a pharmacy about taking the morning after pill, you can give a late night pharmacy near you a call and if they agree you should take it, you generally just have to answer a few questions about your medical history and then they'll sell one to you or in some areas its free for certain ages.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like the morning after pill would be a good idea. If this happens again, you either need to take another pill within the allowed window (you would need to check on the leaflet) or if you have missed the window, use condoms for 7 days.
Apachecow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's no real need to take the morning after pill, you should be nowhere near to ovulating and he didn't ejaculate inside you. The chance of pregnancy is practically zero.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.6%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.26%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.07%
How can I be the best version of myself? (161)
30.04%

Watched Threads