Durham's MSc vs UCL's MA in Educational Assessment. Which one to choose? Watch

nitincr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am a Research officer in a national examinations board looking at completing a taught Masters degree in Educational Assessment in the UK. I have received offers from Durham to do their MSc in Educational assesssment, and from UCL to do their MA in Educational Assessment. I am aware that UCL’s IoE has topped QS world rankings in the last 6 years in the field of Education, but this remains a secondary factor in my deliberations since I am looking at really making a choice based on the relative strengths of these two universities in the field of educational assessment, in particular. Suggestions and considerations most welcome!
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nitincr)
I am a Research officer in a national examinations board looking at completing a taught Masters degree in Educational Assessment in the UK. I have received offers from Durham to do their MSc in Educational assesssment, and from UCL to do their MA in Educational Assessment. I am aware that UCL’s IoE has topped QS world rankings in the last 6 years in the field of Education, but this remains a secondary factor in my deliberations since I am looking at really making a choice based on the relative strengths of these two universities in the field of educational assessment, in particular. Suggestions and considerations most welcome!
Can't seem to find much on the web at all for Durham's course, all the website pages for this course are down, so it could be worth emailing them to ask why this might be/if the course is definitely running.

The best I could find was this pdf:
http://community.dur.ac.uk/facultyha...rks/x2k309.pdf

This says it's a 3 years part time course.

Consider the assessment for both. Durham's is 5 modules including dissertation. UCL offers a choice between that or doing a half dissertation as one of 6 modules. If writing a massive long thing is something that you might find quite daunting then UCL allows you to avoid it if you wish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads