not tfue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have all my offers back from the universities, loughborough, kent, sussex, surrey and essex with AAA,ACC,AAB,ABB,BCC respectively for maths. i am not sure which one to apply to because i don't think i will get my predicted A*BC. can you tell me which you think i should do and how lenient the unis are. thanks
Routeri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Which university do you like the best? Which university wouldn't mind going to if you don't make the offer of your favourite?
What do you think you'll get instead of your predicted grade?

Remember you get to pick two... a firm and an insurance. People tend to put their favourite first then the one the wouldn't mind going to second.
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi there!
I'm a social media student rep for the University of Kent. Firstly, congratulations on your offer to study at Kent!
If you're struggling to decide between universities, attending applicant days and open days can be really useful. As you are an offer holder for Kent it is likely that you have received an invitation to one of our applicant days. If you haven't done so already, you can book your place here; https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/visit...ays/index.html
We also have a Unibuddy system where prospective students can talk to current students who are studying the same course which can be really helpful in deciding which university would best suit you. Here is the link; https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/

In terms of being lenient on grades, some universities may accept grades 1 or 2 below asking on results day. But this is entirely dependent on the volume of applicants/offers on the day. But don't worry too much, in my experience I got slightly below my asking grades and still received an offer.
I am in my third year at Kent and I absolutely love it here! The campus has a really chilled out vibe to it with loads of things to do, as well as being just a 20 minute walk from Canterbury town center. If you have any questions about student life at Kent, please feel free to ask I hope this helps!
Tango_16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Personally I would choose either Loughborough or Surrey as my firm, and Kent or Sussex as your insurance... Loughborough and Surrey are top unis and if you like sports, your literally sorted at those unis,

Kent is pretty easy to get into I put them down as my insurance and even though I got BCC they still offered Me a place... I would check where you are in terms of campus, if your at Canterbury great, if your at Medway... yeahhh I wouldn’t go there, Sussex it’s ranked higher and a better uni. Sussex aren’t that strict, if you get BBB you have a chance of getting in
(Original post by not tfue)
I have all my offers back from the universities, loughborough, kent, sussex, surrey and essex with AAA,ACC,AAB,ABB,BCC respectively for maths. i am not sure which one to apply to because i don't think i will get my predicted A*BC. can you tell me which you think i should do and how lenient the unis are. thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads