Want to be healthy but can't stop eating junk Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Basically I set off on 2019 promising that i would go to gym more and be more healthy. I've been going to the gym routinely at my college but the problem I have is that I can't stop eating junk food,especially when i'm at home revising sometimes i will have a piece of fruit and a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar , and even during college i eat chips for lunch which makes me feel worse

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can stop eating junk , are there any substitues that i can use instead or any advice in general would help alot, thanks
Telomere
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I graze too - especially when stressed or bored - and the more junk you eat the more you crave it (the pleasure trap)

Prep lots of snacks - like veg sticks and so on, and healthy dips (I make hummus without tahini or oil) and then you can graze healthily and without too much sugar.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Control your money and you control your food
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I’ve been having this problem to. I’ve just given up biscuits (my biggest weakness) for lent and have bought dark chocolate as a substitute. It’s worked so well - it’s too bitter to eat loads at once, whilst satisfying the craving at the same time
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically I set off on 2019 promising that i would go to gym more and be more healthy. I've been going to the gym routinely at my college but the problem I have is that I can't stop eating junk food,especially when i'm at home revising sometimes i will have a piece of fruit and a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar , and even during college i eat chips for lunch which makes me feel worse

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can stop eating junk , are there any substitues that i can use instead or any advice in general would help alot, thanks
I've swapped crisps for propercorn and milk chocolate for dark chocolate. I only allow myself a small piece of chocolate on a Sunday. I eat veggies and houmous for snacks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads