The Student Room Group

Boosting grades ?

I’ve just got BCD in my mocks
I need Abb for uni
Currently studying biology chemistry Physics
I am capable of doing well, I got straight A*s at GCSE just failed to care at AS
. Can I get abb from BCD by may 20th?
Original post by jsissjdmskoss
I’ve just got BCD in my mocks
I need Abb for uni
Currently studying biology chemistry Physics
I am capable of doing well, I got straight A*s at GCSE just failed to care at AS
. Can I get abb from BCD by may 20th?

What are your predicted grades?

A-Levels are a big step up from GCSEs. It is common for students to get lower grades than they did for GCSEs and to find the content more difficult.

With the content you are being taught, do you understand well? With your mocks and any class tests, have you reviewed the answers and understand where you are going wrong with your application of knowledge or exam approach. If there is anything you are struggling with, ask your teacher for help. Make sure you can make clear and concise revision notes for each topic, and do practice questions or papers to reinforce your knowledge. Compare your answers to the mark scheme to see where your strengths are and where your weaknesses are (areas that you should target for further revision). By putting in a lot of effort and effective revision, it is definitely possible for you to improve your grades from your mocks by at least a grade or two.
Thanks for your reply, I was predicted 3 A’s. For me I’d say it’s not that I can’t understand anything it’s more a matter of not covering everything. But once i actually look over something I have no issue understanding it.
Original post by cheesecakelove
What are your predicted grades?

A-Levels are a big step up from GCSEs. It is common for students to get lower grades than they did for GCSEs and to find the content more difficult.

With the content you are being taught, do you understand well? With your mocks and any class tests, have you reviewed the answers and understand where you are going wrong with your application of knowledge or exam approach. If there is anything you are struggling with, ask your teacher for help. Make sure you can make clear and concise revision notes for each topic, and do practice questions or papers to reinforce your knowledge. Compare your answers to the mark scheme to see where your strengths are and where your weaknesses are (areas that you should target for further revision). By putting in a lot of effort and effective revision, it is definitely possible for you to improve your grades from your mocks by at least a grade or two.

Quick Reply

Latest