Grade 9 analysis for An Inspector Calls

Watch
laurene0052
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, I'm Lauren, a student from West Midlands. We have our Literature exams coming up in 9 weeks and I really want to know how to get the highest grade possible. In my last mock exams, I got two 7s in English Language and Literature, however I do believe there is still a lot of room for improvement.

How would you structure your answers? What would you include?

Many thanks,
Lauren
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I always went in quite deep with the historical context for those sweet AO3 marks. Stuff like relating the romantic movement to the French revolution, or the specific impact that Mr. Birling's initial monologue would have had on the audiences of 1945, just as examples.

I think as long as you can back it up with enough evidence, any point you make in an essay can be a valid one. I structured my essays according to theme, so that way I could stay focused on the question without slipping into just retelling the story.
laurene0052
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Sinnoh, thank you for your advice. We had a mock exam last week and my teacher told me I was graded an 8!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed