Univeristy of Glasgow MRes Economics? Watch

standswithafist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I am currently applying for MRes Economics. If anyone who has been through the application process can you help me?

I am currently in my 8th semester of Double Majors in Economics and Mathematics from Pakistan. My current cpga is 3.49. I have a research internship, a corporate and a social volunteer one. But thats pretty much it. I want to make my application stronger. What do you suggest I write on my personal statement? Should it be more personal based like about my ideas and experiences or does it have to be a detailed version of what I learned in university and my internships?

Also will including a pdf document of a writing sample (a research paper I worked on as a group in university that was praised) help me for my application? Should I do it?
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by standswithafist)
Hi,
I am currently applying for MRes Economics. If anyone who has been through the application process can you help me?

I am currently in my 8th semester of Double Majors in Economics and Mathematics from Pakistan. My current cpga is 3.49. I have a research internship, a corporate and a social volunteer one. But thats pretty much it. I want to make my application stronger. What do you suggest I write on my personal statement? Should it be more personal based like about my ideas and experiences or does it have to be a detailed version of what I learned in university and my internships?

Also will including a pdf document of a writing sample (a research paper I worked on as a group in university that was praised) help me for my application? Should I do it?
The first thing to do is make sure you read and understand the application process thoroughly rather than relying on people on the internet you don't know. Sending stuff in that hasn't been asked for is not going to help as they are unlikely to look at it. You need relevant work and research experience and your personal statement should be about how it has helped you to develop your skills and experience in the area and make you a good candidate for the course. It is not meant to be a life story and should be treated as a formal application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads