JIMBO789
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

Will anyody, who has experienced this assessment centre, be able to provide some form of advice? I applied to the Consulting and Management Scheme
Remainresilient_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JIMBO789)
Hi,

Will anyody, who has experienced this assessment centre, be able to provide some form of advice? I applied to the Consulting and Management Scheme
I had one with them last week and my advice is to really brush up on your commercial awareness, this was a severe downfall for me. Understand how a business works and who their competitors are (in detail). It starts with everyone introducing each other very casually, then you will get a presentation about the company, it will go into interviews/group work (you will be split into two groups), then a networking session/presentation. The presentation is based on a case study: be prepared for any questions they could ask and present confidently! I wish you all the best
Remainresilient_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JIMBO789)
Hi,

I had one with them last week and my advice is to really brush up on your commercial awareness, this was a severe downfall for me. Understand how a business works and who their competitors are (in detail). It starts with everyone introducing each other very casually, then you will get a presentation about the company, it will go into interviews/group work (you will be split into two groups), then a networking session/presentation. The presentation is based on a case study: be prepared for any questions they could ask and present confidently! I wish you all the best
VeryGoodMonkey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Pay close attention to the information provided in the case study. They will throw curve ball questions so think about how you can approach difficult questions. I.e. "Name our 7 competitors" - They will only provide 1-3 but its more how you respond to that.
JIMBO789
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Remainresilient_)
(Original post by VeryGoodMonkey)
Pay close attention to the information provided in the case study. They will throw curve ball questions so think about how you can approach difficult questions. I.e. "Name our 7 competitors" - They will only provide 1-3 but its more how you respond to that.
Thank you both for your replies. Would you say it is hard to prepare for? I was thinking of revising by looking at my Case Study resouces. But if it is commerical awareness I would have to follow the news or do you mean just understand how businesses work?
Remainresilient_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone heard back yet and working at the London branch??
VeryGoodMonkey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone heard back yet and working at the London branch??
Yep. I've been rejected earlier today. Thankfully I've already accepted another job so It's more of an "oh well" than being upset.
Remainresilient_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Got a rejection from AON so I understand how you feel haha. Which offer did you get just out of curiosity

(Original post by VeryGoodMonkey)
Yep. I've been rejected earlier today. Thankfully I've already accepted another job so It's more of an "oh well" than being upset.
Last edited by Remainresilient_; 2 years ago
VeryGoodMonkey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Accepted a job with an investment bank in the city.

Wishing you luck with your response. If you haven't been rejected yet I'm sure its good news.
Got a rejection from AON so I understand how you feel haha. Which offer did you get just out of curiosity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (57)
39.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
16.78%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.2%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (15)
10.49%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
10.49%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.39%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
9.79%

Watched Threads