efloblo98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I graduate in July at UEA and I don't know what to expect! Can anyone give me a little run through of what the day will be like?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by efloblo98)
I graduate in July at UEA and I don't know what to expect! Can anyone give me a little run through of what the day will be like?
Should be some information here: https://portal.uea.ac.uk/graduationoffice

I'll tag the official rep, University of East Anglia and I've moved this thread to University of East Anglia (UEA)

Congratulations :woo:
University of East Anglia PG Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by efloblo98)
Hi efloblo98,

I graduated at UEA last July. Our graduation was at Norwich City’s ground whereas yours is taking place at the Sportspark. But apart from that, I think they’re likely to be very similar. The main event is your school’s graduation ceremony. This is the bit where all graduating students go up on stage one by one and receive their diplomas from the head of school with friends and family watching on. This usually takes a couple of hours because they also confer honorary degrees and the recipients of these will give speeches about their lives and careers. It can be quite nerve-wracking waiting to go up and receive your degree on stage but it’s a rewarding moment. Before this part, you’ll have a chance to get your gown and mortarboard on, as well as to chat with course friends and teachers as you wait around. Afterwards, people tend to take photographs wearing their gowns and holding their certificates with family and friends. There will also be a reception where you’ll be able to celebrate with course friends and staff. Afterwards, many people either go out for drinks or dinner with visiting friends / family, or meet up with course friends to celebrate. Norwich is full of people visiting for graduation week and it’s a nice time to go out and celebrate. There’s a real celebratory atmosphere around the whole day and it’s a nice chance to enjoy the feeling of finishing your degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.53%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.18%

Watched Threads